Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Oct 13, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #768 of 1,593
I continue to visit this thread with some interest, but I still will not buy unless/until SoftEars is offered through a North American dealer. At kilobuck levels, I expect more local customer support. I don't feel like needing to do ridiculous things like video recording the unboxing of something I spent >$1k on simply to preclude being denied a RMA for a faulty item. YMMV.

All that said, Turii continues to be of interest.

Oct 13, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #769 of 1,593
Wow! I bet that combo will be amazing! I hope they let some of us in North America have a chance at getting one….
not sure about the distribution plan though. These are all rumors I found on Weibo. When I contact them, they only said to sell these first in China, then will open to rest of the world. Not sure whether that 88 is for the whole world or just China (8 being a lucky number in China)

Oct 13, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #770 of 1,593
I continue to visit this thread with some interest, but I still will not buy unless/until SoftEars is offered through a North American dealer. At kilobuck levels, I expect more local customer support. I don't feel like needing to do ridiculous things like video recording the unboxing of something I spent >$1k on simply to preclude being denied a RMA for a faulty item. YMMV.

All that said, Turii continues to be of interest.
But MusicTeck is their official reseller in the US, right? So you will never have warranty issues or whatsoever.

https://www.softears.net/distributor/

drftr

Oct 13, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #772 of 1,593
Oct 13, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #774 of 1,593
Might be a new partnership? I would have bought my RSV from Andrew if he had offered it, but no Softears products or brand entry exists.
In August, MusicTeck was not listed, so I guess this is new. We had Europe distributor selling the RSV and RS10 already

Oct 13, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #775 of 1,593
That's a bit funny. So they warn people to only buy from official dealers while the ones mentioned on their website don't feature Softears? @Softears Would you mind explaining what the exact situation is if possible? Might be a mistake on the MusicTeck website though but it's good to know.

drftr

Oct 15, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #776 of 1,593
2F81F4A4-7828-4C5A-B7B7-79B97107BD93.jpeg

casual shot of the Turii Ti, showing here with the Liquid Links cable

Oct 15, 2021 at 3:18 AM Post #777 of 1,593
2F81F4A4-7828-4C5A-B7B7-79B97107BD93.jpeg
casual shot of the Turii Ti, showing here with the Liquid Links cable
Casual? I think this needs to be blurred out for decency. Hot!!

Oct 17, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #779 of 1,593
Kudus? I visited your village many years ago! I think it was for the kretek museum? Wished Indonesia would open up again. I've spent about 10 months so far but could easily spend another 6.

Your 2 line story is great news for me as apparently I won't go wrong with the RSV based on this. But I am interested to hear your opinion about 1DD candidates that you think I should absolutely consider given me comments above - should the unicorn really exist.

drftr
Yeah,
correct, kretek museum,
I really recommend you to go to the mountain area,
the view is amazing ~~~

ah, I wish we could meet up and talk about music all day,
there is no one that know about audio gear in real life here,
maybe we are just a weird people,
let's be weird together, 😀

cheers, 🍻

Oct 17, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #780 of 1,593
Has anyone tried the spinfit CP500 or CP155 on the RSV? I am trying to reduce the bass and add a bit more treble, which tip should I get?
Try Azla sedna earfit normal and light version, both are bright tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back