SoFla (Plantation) Meet: March 7, 2009
Mar 12, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #46 of 65
You are such a person Mike!
smily_headphones1.gif
If I end up with a vinyl rig in the future, it's all your fault!

Mar 12, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #47 of 65
Thom Mackris at Galibier Audio is taking orders on the Serac tt. Buy now before he finishes this run or maybe a while before you have the chance.

Gene, enjoy that amp of yours, if you can.

Mar 12, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #49 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn that amp looks super pretty under that tt. is that the source right now? must sound awesome. how do you like the cable?

It's the only source I have. I like the cable a lot. I only have a Cardas at the moment, which seems a bit thin by a quick comparison.

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #51 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by susnick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That looks almost identical to mine! Copy Cat!

Imitation is the best form of flattery.

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #52 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thom Mackris at Galibier Audio is taking orders on the Serac tt. Buy now before he finishes this run or maybe a while before you have the chance.

Gene, enjoy that amp of yours, if you can.

Funny thing, I've been checking out the Galibier website since Sunday. I was looking at the base Serac which while still pricey, looks like a decent deal considering that the higher models are MUCH more in price.

My only problems with vinyl is that I don't have a single LP and I have no idea where to get quality vinyl
biggrin.gif

BTW Mike, your TT's the Stelvio right?

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #53 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by raffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny thing, I've been checking out the Galibier website since Sunday. My only problems with vinyl is that I don't have a single LP and I have no idea where to get quality vinyl
biggrin.gif

BTW Mike, your TT's the Stelvio right?

Vinyl Frontier - 318 W. Colonial. Mine is the Serac.

Mar 12, 2009 at 2:24 AM Post #54 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vinyl Frontier - 318 W. Colonial. Mine is the Serac.

Wow even as Galibier's entry level TT, it sounded pretty awesome. Just a little too expensive for me at this moment. If only I could find one used on Agon......

Mar 13, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #55 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by raffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My only problems with vinyl is that I don't have a single LP and I have no idea where to get quality vinyl
biggrin.gif

Park Ave in Orlando should have some decent vinyl selection. I haven't actually been there myself, but they're allied with my local Vinyl Fever which is pretty good.

You can always make a trip to St Pete for a Bananas run. I guess you came in on Saturday for the Tampa meet, and missed out on that part? It's an absolutely huge record warehouse. Call me up and we'll go sometime.

Mar 14, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #56 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Park Ave in Orlando should have some decent vinyl selection. I haven't actually been there myself, but they're allied with my local Vinyl Fever which is pretty good.

You can always make a trip to St Pete for a Bananas run. I guess you came in on Saturday for the Tampa meet, and missed out on that part? It's an absolutely huge record warehouse. Call me up and we'll go sometime.

Thanks for the offer Matt, I'll definitely let you know once I decide to get a vinyl rig. I still can't forget how great that TT sounded! But to be honest, a DAC or dedicated CD player is probably more practical for me at this moment in time
frown.gif

Mar 15, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #57 of 65
This may be a stupid question to you guys, but since I know nothing of vinyl, you'll have to excuse me... anyway, here goes: does new music still get produced in vinyl? Or is that a thing of the past?

I'm not in the market for a vinyl rig, but if the answer to my question is "no," then most likely I will never consider one.

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #59 of 65
Vinyl is still alive and well, production continuous and in some cases the quality of the record is much better. You could go to TTVJ's or Music Direct's sites and see the pressings available. Good luck.

Mar 15, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #60 of 65
There is a growing number of bands that do vinyl releases, and often, those releases use a less compressed master. The lower volume lets them focus on sound quality, where the higher volume cd pressing goes for the loud punchy sound that the record companies seem to want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back