Socket hole mod... SR40
Jun 5, 2005 at 8:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kramer5150

Headphoneus Supremus
Just did the socket hole mod to my SR40 pads and it really opened them up, without sounding harsh.

Im willing to bet it could also improve an SR60.

Garrett

Jun 5, 2005 at 9:26 AM Post #3 of 6
I'll second that suggestion for pics, as I have no idea what a socket hole mod is, or what it's supposed to do. I am very curious...
biggrin.gif
Abe

Jun 5, 2005 at 9:31 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
I'll second that suggestion for pics, as I have no idea what a socket hole mod is, or what it's supposed to do. I am very curious...
biggrin.gif
Abe

Likewise, pads and their various incarnations/effects on sound/comfort is still a gaping black hole in my knowledge repository
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2005 at 9:46 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant
Likewise, pads and their various incarnations/effects on sound/comfort is still a gaping black hole in my knowledge repository
biggrin.gif

Have you checked out the Headwize Grado Mods page? That should explain some things, and gsferrari has a thread here that describes in great detail the differences of most pads useable on Grado headphones and which ones are worth getting. I can't find it at the moment, but you can dig around.
biggrin.gif
Abe

Jun 5, 2005 at 10:10 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Have you checked out the Headwize Grado Mods page? That should explain some things, and gsferrari has a thread here that describes in great detail the differences of most pads useable on Grado headphones and which ones are worth getting. I can't find it at the moment, but you can dig around.
biggrin.gif
Abe

I'll snoop about for that thread a bit tomorrow methinks. I'm in a lazy mood atm
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back