So whos also into PHOTOGRAPHY???
Jul 25, 2002 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

kenchi1983

100+ Head-Fier
This summer. Ive been bitten by the photo bug. im now on my sixth roll of film. and let me tell u what--this thing im doing is even so expensive than buying headphones.

With the money ive spent on buying the film and getting it developed, im sure i could of used it for a sr80. But its all good because its more of a self satisfication thing. (to me that is)

Im still a very very beginner, and the pics i take are still considered snapshots rather than real photography. But i do try and look for that 'special' thing that is worth my 50 cent each pict.

For me in order to get interesting images onto picts, i have to scout the whole city. some times i find things and somtimes not.

So if anyone is interested in viewing my 'point and shoot' camera picts.
Feel free to visit this link. view the pics as thumbnails.
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/kenchi1983eq
The latter the folder upload date, the better the quality (as in experience grows and improves)

A SLR, too expensive for me right now as a student going to college this fall.

So is there anyone thats also interested in photo taking? If u have pics to share,
evil_smiley.gif
Even so much more nice of u. i really want to see them.

Hoping for some responses.

Heres a preview: BIG STONED BALLS.

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/we...ges/Image006gb(1).jpg

our family P&S camera is old so little lightleak.

Jul 25, 2002 at 12:49 PM Post #2 of 14
sorry that the link doesnt work. view it in briefcase....its under : MY best SET----(with the same title) stone balls.

Jul 25, 2002 at 1:09 PM Post #3 of 14
run a search, there was a thread about this a while back...

Jul 25, 2002 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 14
You have some really nice pictures there, and some that didn't quite work. Does your P&S camera support aperture/shutter priority? If you haven't already seen photo.net, especially the section on using a P&S, it's worth reading.

'Door With Underwear" - well you're certainly creating titles like an artist
biggrin.gif

I wish I could scan my medium format stuff so I could show you my 4th July fireworks pictures. I stuck my Rolleiflex on a tripod arm in a hole in a bridge support and kept the shutter open for a few seconds each shot, some really spectacular pictures!

Jul 25, 2002 at 2:14 PM Post #5 of 14
im a 17 year old and have been doing digital photography for about a year now. I have a gallery up at http://home.attbi.com/~jimreinhardt
These are just some of the pictures ive taken...last I counted I had taken like 5000 pictures or something ridiculous like that....
Anyway...your pictures were good, especially for a beginner...I wish I could shoot film, as we have a very nice 4x5 camera system, and a darkroom in my basement...but I cant afford to buy all of the chemicals and films right now...oh well....
Chris Reinhardt

Jul 25, 2002 at 8:50 PM Post #6 of 14
I have been into photography for about 30 years. I began with a wonderful Minolta SRT-101 that allows you to take full control of the picture taking. I bought it when I first started and it is worth more today than I paid. Highly prized by photography students. I have bought several more along the way. The latest was a few years back I got a new Nikon F-4. It is heavy but quite a workhorse.

Jul 25, 2002 at 11:56 PM Post #7 of 14
I've been seriously into photography for about 15 years,,,started out with a Canon F1N which i still have but now my main camera is a Nikon F4s...i also do a lot of digital photography with a Sony DSC-S70...Considering the costs of film photography, you may want to get a digital camera which is well worth it and lots of fun...digital cameras are improving in image quality while getting less and less expensive...

Jul 26, 2002 at 12:19 AM Post #8 of 14
Kenchi.

You realy do have some nice pictures in the list.

The Yellow road en de Road to Hell are very good.
but on the other hand there are pics they are just regular.
Like the chess game or those of the food or in that supermarket.
It looks like your trying to make comercials for something.

Wet Tire is good to.

When I make a film ful, mostly there is 1 or 2 pictures that are good enoug to do something with.
The others pics are mostly just regular.

Thats why it costs so much to.

But somehow you do have some eye fort composition.

Peter.
(who doesn't want to show of, what gear he has).

Jul 26, 2002 at 4:44 AM Post #9 of 14
Well first of all, thanks for the warm comments. yep i do agree that alot of my pics arent that great. one reason maybe because i was using flash. now i stay away from using flash...since it ruins the picture, overbrightens the mood which is bad.

the chess match one (its been flashed). and it is a first that someone like my 'wet tire' pic, (i like that one also). And those japanese food pics, i think i was trying to make it look like those featured in magazines.

Pineapple--ure pics look very visually colorful, and i havent seen such good nature pics (most i see in sites like photographyreview and usefilm..dont catch my eyes.) but yours do.

And nope our family cam dont feature any of those apperture setting things. its a 10 year old nikon zoom camera. it doesnt look that old since it features a little lcd menu screen. the thing i dont like is that i have to set the flash off everytime, since its on autoflash mode all the time.

If anyone have anything to share, scan them.....im sure others will like to see them too.

Jul 26, 2002 at 5:10 AM Post #10 of 14
Kenchi.

Flash can still be impostant.
The thing is do not flash direktly at the object.
Do it agains the wall or the cieling.
It makes the light more difuse.

Also when you take pictures of people with the sun in the background it is important to use the flash, otherwise there faces are very dark and has nu contrast at all.

On the other hand you can work with more or less sensitive films

I did work a lot with 3600 asa Black and white film
Then you can make pictures with very little light.

Just buy a book on it.
it wil help you a lot.

The chessplayers picture, it's the composition that is very common.
Nothing special.

mabye an angel from underneath when jou zoom in to the face and the thinking of the man.....I don't know, just a gess.

Peter.

Jul 27, 2002 at 12:03 AM Post #12 of 14
Nice pics. Getting yourself a couple of books on the subject will help a lot.

john_jcb: My first camera was a Minolta SRT-101 as well. It took excellent photos. Wish I still had it.

Jul 28, 2002 at 2:48 AM Post #13 of 14
If anyone is interested in looking at my still beginner's photos.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/kenchi1983eq

its under Abstract Me.

any comments will be welcomed. since it will help me out. whether u like it or not, still very useful in reading the opinions.

there are total of 22 pics. all from my sixth roll of film.

Jul 28, 2002 at 7:42 AM Post #14 of 14
I used to do a lot of photography, mainly nature. I have a slide scanner, which is great. I have some photos posted on a website. They are not the sharpest. I purposely made some of them not sharp so they could not be copied and "plundered' which HAS happened to me in the past.

Here is my website with some good nature and bird photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back