So... Who is hitting the slopes this week?
Dec 12, 2007 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Ingo

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, after a dismal outlook on the skiing season by everyone here in Arizona we get 2 big early December storms and end up with an awesome start to the season. Skiing/Snowboarding really isn't synonomous with Arizona, but we do in fact have a couple decent parks.

In the past 2 weeks Arizona Snowbowl, outside of Flagstaff, racked up 60+ inches and is opening on Thursday. I, of course, am calling in sick to work and planning on being one of the first folks on the mountain this year. WOO HOO! It's been 2 years since I've strapped up the ol' snowboard, so there has been a lot of anticipation on my part.

Anyone else going to get out this week?

Dec 12, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #2 of 8
lucky you! I'd love to go this week but I got finals next week so can't risk getting some stupid injury the 1st day of the season before finals. so next weekend it is for me w000t

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lucky you! I'd love to go this week but I got finals next week so can't risk getting some stupid injury the 1st day of the season before finals. so next weekend it is for me w000t

Everyone that I've tried to rope into going with me has that same problem. Freaking college, it's no good.

Dec 12, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 8
There aren't many slopes worth hitting in Manitoba. However, I just got a skijoring harness, and I know my dogs and I will have a blast this weekend when they pull me on my snowboard.

Dec 12, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #5 of 8
I'm finally going back home to Calgary this weekend, so I expect I'll be hitting up Lake Louise and Sunshine a fair bit. I'm even trying to see if I can organize a road trip with some friends and spend a weekend in Fernie snowboarding and drinking... ah, that's the life.

Dec 12, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #6 of 8
I'm done finals Friday. Guess what I'm doing Monday, after the obligatory party on Saturday?

That's right. Whistler-Blackcomb for 5 straight days, in a ski camp. Double blacks, here I come!

I love the WB Student Pass - $400, when I'd have to pay $1400 otherwise, and I still get all the hotel room rate perks and all that. Too good to be true, man.

Dec 12, 2007 at 8:22 AM Post #7 of 8
After the final this Friday, I'm heading out for a ski/snowboard road trip from tx to new mexico, to colorodo, and california/nevada... can't wait!!!

Dec 12, 2007 at 10:51 AM Post #8 of 8
Damn... you guys are lucky. Me being a working stiff makes it hard to do big trips. I really wanted to hit up Telluride, Mammoth, and Durango this year but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I'll probably just stay in Arizona as long as we have snow. Here's hoping we have a great winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back