So Who’s Been to Jail?
Aug 9, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #61 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jail as in 'incarcerated' is waaaaay different than going to the police station lockup. None of you have been to jail FYI...

--Illah

Not here!
The city and county share the same building and the county JAIL is the only place to put people.
Trust me on this. I've been there for as little as overnight to as long as 30 days.
I do consider myself fortunate to be able to say that I spent time in the old county jail. It was a lot less professional than the new one they built in the early 80's. I don't know that I could have handled my 30 days on weekends in the new jail.

Someday I may tell ya'll more, not today.
cool.gif

Aug 9, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #62 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I missed something. What did you do?
confused.gif

I keep an industrial-sized bottle of Visine and run out regularly.
Cheese Puffs are a food group.
I pogo at soft-rock concerts.
My idea of cruelty is an alarm at 10 in the morning.
Bogart is a verb.
Everything tastes frickin' amazing.
I proactively medicate against various diseases I do not have.

Getting warmer?

Aug 9, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #63 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif

abo = Aborigine, right? Interesting story. An Uncle was in a U.S. federal medium security penitentiary (had to sign an agreement that said he wouldn't leave). He became a marathon runner and read more books than I hope to in a life time.

Yeah Abo is short for Aborigine. No direspect intended.

Jails what you make of it, like anything, if you have an attitude that doesn't fit the situaltion it's worse for you.

Aug 9, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #64 of 157
I got arrested because of a suspended license. it was an odd scenario too cause there was a motorcycle in the area, a RED motorcycle flirting (speeding or wheely-ing blatently) with cops and then running. The cops were pulling over every motorcycle in Daytona (my guess). I say that, because I was on a BLUE motorcycle.

I got thrown off of my bike, thrown against a car and handcuffed being told repeatedly "we ****ing got you now!!!"...later to find out it was somebody else for me getting arrested. It just so happenned my license was suspended for not paying THE LATE FEE (paid the ticket, wasn't aware of the late fee) of a ticket, and since I was in cuffs already, they took me in. The cops also stole $400 of cash I had in my wallet. Florida State Patrol are douchebags in the Daytona area.

While in the abck of the car, I sat and watched this guy pull over every damn person in the world it seemed, from semis, to minivans, this cop was a dick....I got turned over to local poice then processed.

What sucked was, the night before, the GF decided to be funny and paint my toenails...yeah, that was fun while standing in a line full of ******* and criminals....

2 days passed while sitting waiting for my sister to bail me out. Long story short, I got out and put on probation for TWO YEARS because of a suspended license as well as $2000 in fines as well as no license for 5 years (which was later appealed and I now have a license). People who get DUI's don't see that kinda punishment....talk about ****.

Aug 13, 2007 at 8:17 AM Post #65 of 157
I tooka tour of Alcatraz when I was 9.

I was too scared to go in solitary with the door closed.

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #66 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I keep an industrial-sized bottle of Visine and run out regularly.
Cheese Puffs are a food group.
I pogo at soft-rock concerts.
My idea of cruelty is an alarm at 10 in the morning.
Bogart is a verb.
Everything tastes frickin' amazing.
I proactively medicate against various diseases I do not have.

Getting warmer?

I don't get it....?
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #68 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He has an uncle named Herb.

And a sister Mary.

Aug 13, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #71 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ya, once... just for one night. It was about 8 years ago, for beating a man severely. He was lucky to have lived. He rather deserved it, I must say, but then again so did she (although thankfully I didn't touch her). It's a long story and one which is probably best not to tell in detail in a public space.

Suffice it to say, I had no idea of how strong I could be in such a dire circumstance, nor did I have any sense of what I was even doing. It's all a blur, but now I can understand how a mother can pick up the back end of a pickup truck to free her child from under the wheel. Only it was another man's face that took the toll of my adenaline rush.

There was absolutely no way to stop it and that's the scariest part. For about 30 seconds I was a complete machine, lightning quick, thunderously forceful, and utterly out of control. It was, but wasn't, me (if you know what I mean). Then the moment you realize what just happened you feel instant remorse. A lot of us are closer to that edge than we would like to admit.

Similar story here. New Year's Eve 2005. Couldn't reach the (ex) girlfriend all night. Finally found her around 5am sleeping next to my nemesis. Went a little crazy on his face for a few minutes before everyone else in the house woke up and pulled me off. I took off on foot and slept in the woods that night.

Six months later, I'm having a moving-to-California party at my old house. There are easily 200 people in my back yard and the neighbors are not happy. Cops come by three times and on the 4th, my roomate starts giving them attitude. I go outside to calm the situation and the po po ask to see our ID's. Five minutes later I'm in cuffs. Spent the night in county making prank calls on the free phone.

Back in April I'm riding bikes with some friends downtown around 10:30 at night. We race up to the top of a parking garage. Five minutes later, three squad cars come racing up. We all got charged with trespassing, and I had a warrant out because I never did the misdemeanor intervention I was offered for the first charge. Spent another night in county. They found half a pill of Adderal in my jeans pocket (my girlfriend wore them the day before) and I was strip searched. My girlfriend bailed me out the next morning and we had Easter dinner with my family. If they only knew.

The best part about jail is the tranny prostitutes.

Aug 13, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #72 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They found half a pill of Adderal in my jeans pocket (my girlfriend wore them the day before) and I was strip searched.

Hmm... you don't here that everyday.
tongue.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #73 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does his family have to do with going to jail?

All in the family

Aug 15, 2007 at 1:35 PM Post #75 of 157
I guess I'm a hardened criminal next to most of you. I was in jail/prison for almost a full month. Lucky for me that month in jail was in my home state of Alaska, where cable TV and excellent meals were the norm at the time.
My story sounds eerily similar to Wayne's story, and I agree that I didn't know myself that well until this event. I will give the details though, not because I'm proud of what I did, but because it may prove to be a learning experience for the silly few that believe our justice system to be adequate.

The story starts several years before my incarceration in Anchorage, with a phone call from my Mother that my Sister had run away. Long story short, we discovered that my Mom's current boyfriend had decided it would be fun to force himself on my 16 y.o. Sister. After finding my Sister, and several painful hours of tugging the story out of her, my Mom, Dad (divorced), Sister and I headed to the Police station to file charges of rape against this individual.

Now in Alaska the legal age of consent was, and still is 16. So I guess these officers needed to be sure we were indeed talking about rape and not consensual sex, but they sure weren't very tactful in their methods, and that was almost as bad as the actual rape for my Sister. The case was filed, but the scumbag was never found. We all assumed he skipped the state.

Fast forward 4 years, and I'm living in Juneau, Alaska working on a construction crew building a mall. Not being much of a drinker, I still liked to meet up with the guys sometimes at the local watering hole to listen to the bands and dance with some of the cute local girls. So one night I pop into the club and pull up a chair with the fellows. We'd been chatting cheerfully for several minutes before I spotted him. He was playing pool, and I knew who he was instantly. At this point it's pretty fuzzy, and it's kind of like I left my body for a bit, but I'm told that I got up from the table without a word, walked over to pool tables, grabbed a cue and started beating the hell out of this guy. I do remember several police officers pulling me up off of the floor where I was on top of this guy. Later I was told by my friends and co-workers that they had tried to intervene before the cops arrived, and had taken a few good licks for their effort.

So now I'm in the back of a squad car trying to put together what had just taken place when I see an ambulance pull up, and two paramedics rush into the club. I honestly to this day have no real recollection of beating this guy, but I apparently did a pretty good job of it. As we pulled away I asked the cops where we were going, and they said I was under arrest for assault, and was being taken to the jail for booking. On the ride to the jail I explained the rape to the officers, and told them there was a pending case in Anchorage.

It was a few days later before I saw a public defender, and was able to tell him my story. He seemed very skeptical and aloof that first meeting, but had a whole different attitude the next time I saw him. He really was a nice guy, and he helped me a great deal. He made me aware that he had been in contact with the Anchorage Police Department, and had discussed the rape case with them, and had positively ID'd the guy I beat as the main suspect in the rape case. He told me that this guy was still in the hospital, but that he was in custody, and would be transfered to Anchorage to stand trial as soon as they could move him. At this point I just felt relief, and wasn't that concerned with myself. I knew justice was being done, and I'd be cleared of all wrong doing.

Yeah right! I was so green!
It took almost a month before any decision had been made as to what to do with me, and I was pretty confused about the whole thing. It seemed that the circumstances had nothing to do with the charges whatsoever, and I was being booked for Assault 1. After what seemed like decades to me at the time, my PD got the charge reduced to Assault 2 with an SIS. Basically what that meant was that I would be on probation for 5 years, I would have to pay $15,000.00 in restitution, and I would have to undergo psychiatric counseling. After which if I met all the criteria everything would be wiped off my record. The only reason I was given the SIS was because I had no previous record of any kind.

So the day I was released from the jail I saw my PD, and one of the arresting officers out in the hall. After being released the PD told me they were there to give me a ride. I didn't know that I got limo service too.
Anyway they ended up taking me for lunch to break the news that someone had let this scumbag walk right out of the hospital, and he couldn't be found.

I did keep in touch with my Public Defender for several years, and he did get my restitution reduced to $10,000.00. The officer later moved to Anchorage, ended up working for homicide under my girlfriends father, and became kind of a mentor to me. I completed all the required criteria, and have a spotless record today.

This all happened in 1984, and to this day I've never seen or heard of the scumbag again. He got away with no jail time, but not exactly Scott free.
Although you might find me justified for what I did, it's still a very frightening thing to realize how little control I actually possessed of my own emotions. At first I felt it was ridiculous that I had to endure psychiatric counseling, but that turned out to be one of the most positive things related to this incident, and I learned a lot about myself.

As for the jail time itself...The guards knew my story, and treated me with the same respect I gave to them. We had a lifer that ran our mod (about 20 guys) who was a straight shooter that didn't let any crap go down. We ate well, had cable TV, and played a lot of cards. Other than not being able to go where I wanted, when I wanted, it wasn't too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back