So which of the HPs that you owned do you hate the most?
Sep 30, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #16 of 98
k81dj. Had a pretty good sound but unfortunately the fit on my head was horrible. Bass was overwhelmingly out of control. Actually gave me a headache. They had to go.

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #17 of 98
None.
I liked every headphones (admittedly not many) I have owned.
I am easily pleased and get used to a specific sound character (if not overly brigtht) pretty soon.

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #18 of 98
That's some interesting info about K701. From what I heard so far it was a can with very natural and smooth midrange. Always good to know some criticism.

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #19 of 98
AKG K701 - i dont need to add anything more to everything that has already been said
Sony CD3000 - the worst highs in any headphone i have tried, simply shrill and ear piercing, overall sound comes across as artificial
Ultrasone PL750 - metallic midrange and gets tone all wrong, Edition 9 is plagued by the same but has wonderful bass
Denon D7000 - i really have no idea what people are hearing in this headphone, overblown bass, recessed unnatural midrange, and very thin highs

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #20 of 98
I don't own the PL750 but it's the only headphone that I really dislike mainly for the screechy, metallic treble and recessed midrange complete with lots of sibilance for a very masochistic listening. I just cannot find anything good about it.

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #21 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by astroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG K26p were awful muddy nightmares.

I second this. I bought the K26p before I had any really "serious" headphones as a closed back replacement for my PX100 for use on the bus and train. I had heard good things about AKG as a brand so figured even their $50 offering would be a good choice. The only thing they were better at than the PX100 was blocking noise, completely overpowering muddy bass, and I don't like emphasized bass to begin with, less comfortable too.
On the other hand, it was also the headphone that caused me to go out of my way and research which headphones were really considered the best, and to read lots of reviews rather than just look at the specs. Not long after that I bought my first pair of Grados.

Sep 30, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #22 of 98
Sony MDR-V150.

I thought that for $15 they'd be good 'throwaway' over the head cans, but I could put socks over my ears and have someone bang a hammer against the bathroom wall and it would've sounded better.

Sep 30, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #24 of 98
Well if I think back, I bought creative EP630s some time back. I liked them back then because they were the first reasonable headphones that I bought. Then one day I fed them with my digital piano and realized just how overtly bassy, and plain weird, they are. Really started disliking them after that.

Sep 30, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #25 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hate is a really strong word. Can´t say I have found a headphone I dislike to such degree.

I guess I have been getting overall good headphones then.

It appears that your headphones complement each other easily. I suppose it is more glaring when you have just a few pairs, which should do everything and then their flaws are exposed.

EDIT: Erm! I apologize! Was looking at the cans you owned earlier. Still you got almost all genres covered and I agree that hate is a very strong word. Advertising tactic!
wink.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #28 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by TStewart422 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I vote for the "comfort" of the SR-225s and SR-60s? I love the sound but HATE wearing them!

lol yes are we talking comfort I have candidates. K81DJ definiatly top on the list tightly followed by Grado SR 80.

Manuvai I find flaws with every single headphone I try so that is not a problem. Though I ain´t expecting perfection either when I put a set of headphones on my head. I have been disappointed with quite a few but not to the point I hate them.

Sep 30, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #29 of 98
Sony MDR-CD3000 - sibilant, echoey bastards, stock or recabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back