So, which Koss clipons should I get?
Jul 4, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #16 of 20
Apparently there's going to be a new Go-Vibe:

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=123759

However, I don't much like the idea of paying $30 more for it. I have a good bit of money to spend, but I don't really want to spend a ton on this - and I'd feel slightly ridiculous using a $100 amp with $14 headphones...

Jul 4, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #17 of 20
Even unamped the 75s or 35s are going to sound a million times better than anything else below $50 or so. As far as getting the amp I'd say it depends on when you're going to be using the headphones.

If you're going to be listening on the go then I'd say don't worry about an amp. First off, having to lug around a line out, mini -> mini, and amp will be a pain. Secondly, if you're busy walking down the street or working out, chances are you won't really notice the added detail the amp provides as much.

Now if you're going to be using it while sitting around then yes an amp would be fine and I'd get one. Of course if it's only going to be used sitting then you could just combine your headphone and amp budget and get some nicer headphones (SR-60's maybe) and then save up a bit more for an amp for them.

Just some thoughts!

Jul 4, 2005 at 4:42 AM Post #18 of 20
There was a KSC75 vs. KSC35 thread a couple months ago comparing sound quality and the KSC35 won out, so I would get that. However, the KSC75s look to be more durable, so if that is more important I would get those.

Jul 4, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziddy
Apparently there's going to be a new Go-Vibe:

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=123759

However, I don't much like the idea of paying $30 more for it. I have a good bit of money to spend, but I don't really want to spend a ton on this - and I'd feel slightly ridiculous using a $100 amp with $14 headphones...

Anything you buy from Norm will be top-notch and well worth the purchase price... 2 opamps to roll, 80hr battery life - partner that with a Sik ram and you're set!
biggrin.gif

If i sound like a Headsave fan-boy... I am - You can't go wrong with Norm
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #20 of 20
Got KSC-75. Liked it's sound much, but top end was TOO bright and fatiguing. I put the foamy pads away and WOOHOOO ! nice balanced crisp sound for 15$
smily_headphones1.gif

KSC-75 - The Head-fi DREAM
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back