So where do you "put" your portable rig? Pocket? Hand? Gearpurse? Shoe?
Feb 15, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #46 of 59
I only carry my stuff around if it is above -2 degrees. I dont want to damage my headphones. But if weather permits, ipod nano in pocket connected to my headphones. Don't have an amp...yet.
icon10.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #49 of 59
In my jeans pocket. I have only a naked iPod Classic (no amp) and an EP-630. That's not a problem. The only thing I hate is that you have to put the cable under your shirt because it's too darn long.
I'm gonna buy an iSkin today so it's gonna be sexy
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #50 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In situations where I have to listen to music all day, I leave my DAP in my right-inner jacket pocket, have a long interconnect around my back to connect to a portable amp in my left-inner jacket pocket, and plug my headphones from there.

Hmm, it would appear that more people either choose not to use an amp with their DAP, or if they do, they keep them in very close proximity to each other. Does anyone else besides myself, plainsong, musicboy, and Assorted prefer to have the amp separate from the DAP, so that only the DAP is taken out when navigating through music tracks?

Feb 21, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #51 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the iBasso d1 in my belt and the iRiver iHP-120 in the pocket. The optical cable goes from the left to the right pocket where my iRiver is. I haven’t shortened the cable from the 650’s (YES I use 650's for portable) so I use the other pocket for the cable. People always ask me what I have in my pockets......
attachment.php

If I saw on the street I would probably think you're have a bomb strapped to your body with all of the devices + cables LOL

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #53 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Khanate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Winter time: Coat pocket.

Summer time:

I need an idea, fast.

I so second that. I do have a small camera-ish bag but I'd hate carrying it w/me everywhere.

Feb 21, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #54 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I saw on the street I would probably think you're have a bomb strapped to your body with all of the devices + cables LOL

LOL, somehow I can see that happening with unwary police/security officers.

Musicboy: Man, I hate this song, let's try a different album *reaches for his iRiver*
Security/Police: Holy s***, he's got a bomb strapped on him!
Musicboy: What? No, I'm just trying to change my m- *gets tackled*

Feb 22, 2008 at 9:30 AM Post #55 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the iBasso d1 in my belt and the iRiver iHP-120 in the pocket. The optical cable goes from the left to the right pocket where my iRiver is. I haven’t shortened the cable from the 650’s (YES I use 650's for portable) so I use the other pocket for the cable. People always ask me what I have in my pockets......
attachment.php

I would not feel safe walking with all that on me.

Feb 24, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #56 of 59
I have an 5.5 gb Ipod strapped to a Minibox E+, a very thin amp. Instead of using the ipod dock I use a right angle wrap-around interconnect out of the headphone out on the Ipod. That way the whole thing is nicely compacted and fits into my pocket. There is a tiny drop in SQ using the headphone out instead of a dock cable but it is worth the sacrifice for me.

Feb 24, 2008 at 5:59 PM Post #57 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by pgbass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an 5.5 gb Ipod strapped to a Minibox E+, a very thin amp. Instead of using the ipod dock I use a right angle wrap-around interconnect out of the headphone out on the Ipod. That way the whole thing is nicely compacted and fits into my pocket. There is a tiny drop in SQ using the headphone out instead of a dock cable but it is worth the sacrifice for me.

'Have a photograph of it?

Feb 25, 2008 at 2:48 AM Post #58 of 59
Well I use a bit of a "blast from the past" as my portable pack for my arsenal of Sony MiniDisc Walkmen, as a matter of fact, two ideas, one a bit 90s, while the other one is more 80s, but here they are:

First, my vintage circa-1980s Case Logic PS-2 Cassette TranSport neoprene belt:

SonyMZ-RH710H.jpg

and finally, one of my two mid-90s Case Logic MDC-1 MiniDisc cases:

SonyMZ-NH700H.jpg

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #59 of 59
ipod classic -> ibasso T2, in the back pocket!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back