So What's the story with lurkers?
Jun 28, 2005 at 2:06 PM Post #31 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
Well, not really, we've been setting you up for the big biatch slap o' love!
tongue.gif

That is too funny. Is that like the famous Deacon Jones Head Slap where, if delivered correctly, the running back's head pops off?

Both my brothers-in-law are always lurking , never posting on the nikon photography forum I frequent. One reason is that they are afraid to drop their firewall to post. The other is that they read a great deal everywhere - much to their credit.

lurker.jpg

When I was purchasing my 570s, 590s, 595s and portable amp, I did a great deal of reading - this forum just has so much data, I wouldn't think of reading reviews anywhere else.

As to the reason I post, I suppose it's because I'm usually having to do all the listening when it comes to the girlfiriend and you guys (fortunately) get to listen to me
icon10.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:17 PM Post #32 of 117
I'm a college student who cant afford a great headphone setup. Although I'm tempted by the heaps of reviews and opinions, I generally just check this site out alot during the summer (when I have some spending money).

I haven't heard many headphones, so I dont post anything anymore except the off topic and forsale forum.

During school year I have better things to do, but during time off from work, Head-fi is a great time-suck

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:30 PM Post #33 of 117
^^^ lol...

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:41 PM Post #35 of 117
I believe i meet the criteria for lurker
biggrin.gif
I check out head-fi several times a day and have since i joined. So now i give you my top ten reasons for being a lurker.

10- All the info ive needed ive found with a search.

9- Best amp for 580,s has been answered a million times.

8- I dont have experience with many phones or amps.

7- I am content with my rig and have no desire to upgrade. (unbelievable i know)

6- I started team lurker at one point and dont want to lose my status.

5- useless posting is a waste of time for me.I could care how many posts i have.

4- Most posts allready have the answer i would have given. and to say" i agree with Bob" seems like a waste to me.

3- endless threads turning into arguing and name calling.

2- Merton, Nuff said
rolleyes.gif

And the number one reason for lurking at Head-Fi.

1- I hate to freakin type
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 3:20 PM Post #38 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer
That’s my biggest reason for being a lurker... I really hate typing!!!

Dude four reel get Dargon naturally speaking. It's thee greatest ping never! Eye just speak in too a micro phone and thee words appear one thee screen!

tongue.gif

http://www.scansoft.com/naturallyspeaking/

Jun 28, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #40 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by SportaJoe
1- I hate to freakin type
tongue.gif

See, I'm a freak; I love to type - even if it's just to hear the clicking of my own keys
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #41 of 117
I don’t mind lurking or the lurkers. This is a public forum which you easily end up at from a Google search for head-phone related equipment. This is internet - not a gentlemen’s´ club: membership on recommendation only.

The only thing that bugs me is the fact that I am on the GMT +1 meridian, i.e. Central Europe. I then of course, miss all the rapid and fun dialogs between the head-fi´ers in the States
frown.gif
. My comments, kind of comes after the desert has been served and everybody has dozed off... But, then again, that is the net too...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #42 of 117
I find that conversations here happen all the time. I'm usually in alaska, 4 hrs behind the US east coast, and I find that posts are happening whenever I check, even in the middle of the night. The european head-fiers are pretty darn active.

I post because I like my avatar.

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #43 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Dude four reel get Dargon naturally speaking. It's thee greatest ping never! Eye just speak in too a micro phone and thee words appear one thee screen!

60od p01nt, l"ue beeh u51n9 ny paIm, GraFitti r3aIly r0cx5!

=dr3vv

Jun 28, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #45 of 117
I'm a lurker as well.... why? Well the only good cans I've ever heard are the ones I own and I've only heard one headphone amp besides my own.... And I usually only post when I know something about the subject (and I usually don't) or want to know something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back