So what was exactly wrong with Patrick82?
Apr 27, 2011 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

cegras

100+ Head-Fier
It seems that the general attitude to him is to politely regard him as a bit of a village fool. Why? On the broad spectrum of things he slots very neatly into the psychoacoustic phenomenon surrounding the entire audiophile business of cables, power conditions, and another not electronically quantifiable phenomenon. Denying him his opinions or not taking him seriously is tantamount to not doing the same for yourself or any claims that you make regarding qualitative properties of audio systems.

Patrick82 is the Stephen Colbert of audiophilia.

Apr 27, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 10
Are you asking why he was banned, or why he is regarded as funny?

He was banned because he collected the emails of a whole bunch of members and sent out a mass email advertising his new 'hearing supplement' multivitamin thingamabob. At least I assume that was his final offense.

He is regarded as a village idiot for a couple reasons. 

A) He made hilariously outlandish claims about crazy tweaks and insane components.
B) His videos.. His pictures... His Hello Kitties... His rockin' body :p 

Between you and me, I'm pretty sure that he was just acting, and he did a good job. He made a great satire of audiophilia and tweaking, taking the cable controversy and non-component tweaking issue to the extreme. There was no reason to take him seriously, because he was not acting seriously.

Apr 27, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #5 of 10
He was known to grind up Valhalla cables and snort them while dressed as Pierrot. Not exactly something we wanted the younger members to imitate.

Apr 27, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #6 of 10
.....crazy details and insane blacks. I admit to missing his character but don't miss the drama and criticism. No one would try his "experiments" to confirm any validity to his claims. He definately thought out of the box.

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
It seems that the general attitude to him is to politely regard him as a bit of a village fool. Why? On the broad spectrum of things he slots very neatly into the psychoacoustic phenomenon surrounding the entire audiophile business of cables, power conditions, and another not electronically quantifiable phenomenon. Denying him his opinions or not taking him seriously is tantamount to not doing the same for yourself or any claims that you make regarding qualitative properties of audio systems.

Patrick82 is the Stephen Colbert of audiophilia.

I believe that its against the rules of Head-Fi to discuss about others, if you have a problem talk to Jude or an administrator .

Apr 27, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #10 of 10
As we don't discussed banned members (It rather negates the point of a ban), I'm closing this one up. Sorry guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back