So, what should I do Guys? Open it or send it back to Donald?
Oct 12, 2018 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

claud W

Headphoneus Supremus
fullsizeoutput_11cb.jpeg

Oct 13, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 13
That's what I was thinking, his stuff is well packed, damage is doubtful. Btw, he usually ships via Fedex.

And there was no damage. What an ending. Wait 12 months for your amp, and it arrives maybe damaged.

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 13
the manufacturer has no control over how its products are handled in transit, that's why protective packaging is essential. just because the box has a dent in the corner doesn't mean that the contents are damaged. you've already taken a pic of the box unopened, you could have attached it to an email and sent it to dna asking for advice rather than starting a thread about it here. donald north has an excellent reputation from what i've seen. i'm sure that he would be far more helpful to you in this circumstance than we could be.

Oct 14, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #7 of 13
the manufacturer has no control over how its products are handled in transit, that's why protective packaging is essential. just because the box has a dent in the corner doesn't mean that the contents are damaged. you've already taken a pic of the box unopened, you could have attached it to an email and sent it to dna asking for advice rather than starting a thread about it here. donald north has an excellent reputation from what i've seen. i'm sure that he would be far more helpful to you in this circumstance than we could be.

Some of you people have no sense of humor. Yes, before I posted this thread, I emailed a pic to Mr. North. Who better to know what is in the box under the dent. I thought it was funny because, you have to wait a year or more and pay $3000.00 for this great headphone amp and it arrives with a dented box. A lot of us here are very picky and detail oriented. They do not like receiving items in dented boxes, but what to do???? Accept the amp in a dented box and always worry about the performance of the amp, or send it back and extend your wait? Sorry I bothered some of you. I must have a twisted sense of humor.

Oct 14, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #8 of 13
oh, so you were being humorous! maybe you could have used this :relaxed: or this :wink: to let the rest of us in on the joke. humour can be lost on internet forums when there's an absence of visual and/or vocal cues, or when it's not all that funny to begin with. couldn't you have shared this in the dna stratus 2a3 amplifier - first impressions thread rather than start a separate thread? hold on a second... you already have! hopefully you'll find a more receptive audience there. lol!

ps glad your amp arrived in one piece

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #9 of 13
FEF2E9DA-07F5-4454-B7C1-32465A99629E.jpeg
I knew it was maybe some sarcastic humor before even opening the thread; just the title.

And a grain of reality too. It’s the drama of audio. And deep inside many wonder if a dent could jar some very small but essential part of the equipment?

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #10 of 13
up late you need to loosen up and relax. Are you in charge of this forum? I sure hope not.
Redcarmoose gets it. Thank you, I was beginning to worry about the younger generation.

PS up late. 70 year old men do not use emojies. We are our own emojie. That's the way I roll.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #11 of 13
It’s all about the fun, the drama. What........placing the equivalent weight of a 1975 VW on the second story bedroom floor of your house in vinyl records.

Going to the UPS central office wondering around looking strange like a crackhead because they told you they had your box.

This hobby is nuts.

Only we understand ourselves......and maybe our wives at times....do.

Oct 14, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #12 of 13
up late you need to loosen up and relax. Are you in charge of this forum? I sure hope not.
Redcarmoose gets it. Thank you, I was beginning to worry about the younger generation.

PS up late. 70 year old men do not use emojies. We are our own emojie. That's the way I roll.
i just lurv receiving unsolicited advice about my well-being from folks who don't know me from a bar of soap. no, i'm not in charge of this forum old timer - luckily for you. :wink:
enjoy your stratus.*

*dented box included at no extra cost

Oct 14, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #13 of 13
I do love my Stratus. I thought it might be a wimpy amp, but every one of my headphones sound great with it. I may just sell the Ragg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back