So what did you do while Head-Fi was down?
Nov 26, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #151 of 182
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
macrame

pics?
tongue.gif

I did a whole lot of the usual, but with head-fi down, I realized that I genuinely missed folks. It's nice to be back.

Nov 26, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #156 of 182
I also took up ukulele. It's like guitar, but smaller and with only 4 strings, and a different open tuning, makes it dead easy to play - tough to play well, and if you get one that can be plugged in, you can make some cool-sounding effects. Totally underrated instrument and tons of fun.

Nov 26, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #158 of 182
I sat around... waiting for it to be back up
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2007 at 8:21 PM Post #159 of 182
Refresh
Refresh
Refresh
Refresh
Refresh
Refresh
*Cry
Refresh
Refresh
Refresh
Refresh
*Thanksgiving
Refresh
Refresh
Refresh
*Hiking
Refresh
Refresh
Refresh
***Trans-Siberian Orchestra
biggrin.gif

Refresh
Refresh
***Head-fi's back!

Nov 26, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #160 of 182
Unsuccessfully attempted to install rockbox. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 26, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #161 of 182
Checked Head-Fi almost daily and was bummed that it was not up and running. I almost went to church to light a candle. I visited other forums more often.

Nov 27, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #164 of 182
Spent even more time on Retrobike than I do normally...checked headfi for updates...got annoyed at other audio forums for not being as good as headfi...went out to the garage and built up a new bike.

Nov 27, 2007 at 7:55 AM Post #165 of 182
Glad to see that many people made productive use of the downtime.

During the first week, I and bhjazz were basically in panic mode because Head-Fi went down with less than a week before the Seattle meet and had no way to communicate with anyone. In the end, the meet was a success and everything worked out.

I also visited other forums and took the family to a local ski resort for Thanksgiving. Too bad there wasn't enough snow for the ski resort to open. Luckily, there was enough of the white stuff for the kids to go sledding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back