So: We've got a problem. .
Apr 2, 2002 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
In the latest issue of Consumer Reports, they say they'll be doing a report on Headphones sometimes in August. Yup. Consumer reports. Doing a report. Audio. Headphones. Street Styles. Sony.

Need I go on?

Could we write a letter? I've started a draft. . . but I'm sure you guys could help me write a better one together.

We could recommend KSC-50s and Sennheiser MX500s. Now, I'm sure you guys are going to say grado sr60s, portapros, v6s, etc. But I think the best chance we have, in my opinion, is to recommend the $20 headphones.

So, do we have a chance?

Apr 2, 2002 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 5
i do recall consumer reports giving the hd580's the thumbs up in the past (as well as the porta pro jr.) so expensive audiophile cans aren't entirely out of the question.

Apr 2, 2002 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by skippy
i do recall consumer reports giving the hd580's the thumbs up in the past (as well as the porta pro jr.) so expensive audiophile cans aren't entirely out of the question.

Did they even try to use a headphone amp with the 580? Do they even know what a headphone amp is?

Apr 2, 2002 at 4:58 AM Post #4 of 5
leave em to their own devices. The list might be more fun that way!
very_evil_smiley.gif
Actually every once in a while those dorks get something right; they were sued by Bose after all!
biggrin.gif

And if Consumer Reports becomes the new source for headphone info to the masses, we're all get bored over here and will have to discuss the AudioTechnica W2002s all day...
tongue.gif

Apr 2, 2002 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 5
It would REALLY be jaw-dropping if CR had rated the Sony MDR-V600 and MDR-V700DJ really low in their "Ratings"!!
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back