So, the Objective2 headphone amp - designed entirely around the measurements? (PLEASE READ RULES BEFORE POSTING)
Aug 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #286 of 1,042

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're right, I forgot that objective and substantive are sort of antonyms in this thread.

Substantive? Or did you mean to say subjective?

se

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #288 of 1,042
Lots of attitude flowing around here. If you are interested in the amp, build one or wait for listeners impressions. Let the amp stand on it's own merits, or lack thereof if it is in fact the case. This isn't an expensive project, so anyone experimenting with it shouldn't be surprised if it doesn't suit them. They know the risks when investing in the design. Is the design limited with input voltage? Yes, but it can be adjusted for to a degree. That's the best part of DIY.

Who cares who designed it. Build it or don't. It's your call.

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #289 of 1,042
Aug 14, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #290 of 1,042
Aug 14, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #291 of 1,042

Quote:
Lots of attitude flowing around here. If you are interested in the amp, build one or wait for listeners impressions. Let the amp stand on it's own merits, or lack thereof if it is in fact the case. This isn't an expensive project, so anyone experimenting with it shouldn't be surprised if it doesn't suit them. They know the risks when investing in the design. Is the design limited with input voltage? Yes, but it can be adjusted for to a degree. That's the best part of DIY.

Who cares who designed it. Build it or don't. It's your call.

Well said!

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #294 of 1,042
I'm not so sure about folks who claim this amp sounds like "nothing," without ever having heard it.  I believe that lacks a bit, no, a lot, of substance. 

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #295 of 1,042
Quote:
I'm not so sure about folks who claim this amp sounds like "nothing," without ever having heard it.  I believe that lacks a bit, no, a lot, of substance. 

Then would you please, as I requested, explain why it wouldn't when the measurements say it will? That's the least you can do if you're going to bring the topic up.

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #296 of 1,042

Quote:
Then would you please, as I requested, explain why it wouldn't when the measurements say it will? That's the least you can do if you're going to bring the topic up.

I'll be happy to wait for actual subjective and substantive, as well as objective measurement reports.  If modeling were a perfect predictor in any discipline, there would never be a need for prototyping anything, from amplifiers to airplanes.

What does your experience tell you?

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #298 of 1,042

Quote:
"few selective measurements" Can you explain what you mean by this? 

There are pages of measurements. 

It doesn't need to be rehashed, yet again.  I'll wait for the proof of the pudding.  Thanks.  You can always re-read the thread.

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #299 of 1,042
Quote:
I'll be happy to wait for actual subjective and substantive, as well as objective measurement reports.  If modeling were a perfect predictor in any discipline, there would never be a need for prototyping anything, from amplifiers to airplanes.

What does your experience tell you?

"subjective and substantive" is an oxymoron in this case.

Of course a prototype is needed. The measurements we've been given are not models. They are measurements of the prototype.

What do you mean, my experience? With audio equipment? My experience tells me that a low distortion headphone and a low distortion DAC/amp is heavenly.

You continue to dodge my request. Would it be too much to ask an administrator to stop trolling?

Aug 14, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #300 of 1,042

Quote:
"subjective and substantive" is an oxymoron in this case.

Of course a prototype is needed. The measurements we've been given are not models. They are measurements of the prototype.

What do you mean, my experience? With audio equipment? My experience tells me that a low distortion headphone and a low distortion DAC/amp is heavenly.

You continue to dodge my request. Would it be too much to ask an administrator to stop trolling?

We see what we look for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back