1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

So, the Objective2 headphone amp - designed entirely around the measurements? (PLEASE READ RULES BEFORE POSTING)

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last
  1. Shike

Quote:

I don't like RMAA because the accuracy varies based on input device (and the intelligence of the person using it).  This doesn't change the fact that, you know, you can still do them yourself if you really want.  I fail to see how you can hold measurements against the designer because you don't have the equipment to do it.

Quote:

Ah, the fabled better than physics golden ear.

2. kwkarth

Quote:
    ALL measurements regardless of the T&M equipment employed are completely subject to the intelligence and integrity of the person performing the measurements.

3. nikongod

Quote:

You could always AB them.

4. Shike

Quote:

True, but I think you'll find the amount of people that use RMAA wrong disproportionately higher than those using dScope Series III analyzers at $10K.

Quote:

You act as if I haven't.  The problem is this doesn't prove what you say is true. I can't hear a difference but that leaves me open for unfair criticism about my hearing, my gear, etc.  If these differences are so large, it's up to those making the claim to prove it.

5. kwkarth

Quote:
    You're probably right.  So too, is it true that comments in this and other threads contain a disproportionately large amount of hot air to actual fact.  Present company excepted.  

I make no judgement upon your ability to hear, discriminate, or measure.  This is the internet.

6. Soaa-
    So who's in for PCB group buy?

7. i_djoel2000

Quote:

i'm in for one pcb if you're planning to run it [​IMG]

8. Soaa-
    I don't have experience with such things sadly. I'm in to join a group buy, but not run it. :frowning2:

Oh! In other news, nwavguy informed us that his v1.1 PCB should be in his hands today and he'll build the amp and do some testing.

9. Willakan
    As we don't even have confirmed PCB sellers, I think a group buy might be jumping the gun a bit.

EDIT: You are allowed to use NwAvGuy's name you know!

10. c61746961

Me me me me me me me!

11. Avro_Arrow
    I did not find the Gerbers yet (are they even available yet?) but if and when I do I
    might etch a board myself and try it.

12. Willakan
    Have updated first post with Measurement Summary.

13. Soaa-

Quote:

The author said he's going to release the v1.1 board once he finishes testing his prototype. He expects it to perform as well, or even better than the v1.0 against which the current measurements were made.

14. Avro_Arrow
    I keep my eyes open and check back at his site once in a while then.

15. nikongod
    yaay! I got signature quoted!

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Next

Last