So my Ety ER6 i died.....went into HMV and got...
Jul 4, 2007 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

raymondlin

Architect &Musical Fidelity X-Man v2
Some Apple Stock Headphones
blink.gif
600smile.gif

And surprisingly decent sound !!! ok, there is no seal so its a bit strange coming from the Ety but being about 1/4 of the Ety's price I think it's pretty decent.

Who else uses Apple Stock phones?
tongue.gif

Jul 4, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 26
When I heard them ages ago (before I was into head-fi) I really liked the sound, mostly because they have nice punchy bass and no earbuds I'd heard before then had any bass at all.

Jul 5, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 26
Hmm I may have a problem. I think they sound absolutely horrible.

Jul 5, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #6 of 26
Well, i didn't buy them blind. My sister has a Nano so I tested it on my Iriver H120 next to my Ety 6 (I can get it working if I wiggle the lead in a certain way...), and the sound was very close, not enough for the price difference, may be for the seal. But the Apple sound more like a pair of open full size cans to me than ear buds which is a good thing.

If only I can find a pair of phones that has the seal of the Ety but the sound of the HD600 without the cost of a kidney then i am home and dry.

Jul 5, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #7 of 26
the ibuds arent bad, the problem is that they are horribly overpriced due to being a apple product, you could have probobly gotten a pair of EP630 for less,

if the etys sound when you move then, it means the wire is loose, if you use the search function, theres a rewiring guide around for the ER6´s.

Jul 5, 2007 at 1:01 AM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the ibuds arent bad, the problem is that they are horribly overpriced due to being a apple product, you could have probobly gotten a pair of EP630 for less,

if the etys sound when you move then, it means the wire is loose, if you use the search function, theres a rewiring guide around for the ER6´s.

I know its a wiring problem its in the plug end, I think my iriver falling a few times but i caught it by the ety thus yanking it didn't help.

Jul 5, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some Apple Stock Headphones
blink.gif
600smile.gif

And surprisingly decent sound !!! ok, there is no seal so its a bit strange coming from the Ety but being about 1/4 of the Ety's price I think it's pretty decent.

Who else uses Apple Stock phones?
tongue.gif

blink.gif

Jul 5, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #12 of 26
Aren't they like $20-25?

IMO if you can't detect the differences between the ER6 and Apples then you either:
1. aren't a critical, discerning listener
2. have files at bitrates that do not allow the nuances of the ER6 to come through
3. should leave head-fi right now

Actually 3 would be a must.

Jul 5, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #13 of 26
I think the zune earbuds sound way better than the iBuds, I compared them both from my zune.

Jul 5, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #14 of 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back