1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

So maybe the DT 990 600 ohm is the one...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by palpatine, Dec 2, 2009.
  1. Palpatine
    I have read many threads about how generally people seem to prefer the sound of the DT 880 semi open to the DT 990, saying that the DT 990 has somewhat better soundstage, but a boomier bass.
    I have now read that this refers to the 250 ohm version of the DT990 and that the 600 ohm version doesn't suffer from boomy bass, although the bass is still more than that of the 600 ohm version of the DT880.
    If this is the case, any reason why the DT990 600 ohm shouldn't be on my radar, after I get the K702 and D7000, rather than the DT 880 600 ohm?
    I'd be using my tube amp.

2. nullstring
    I actually think that I've read that the bass of the 600ohm version of the DT880 is a bit more laid back than the 250ohm as well
    [That could be completely wrong, maybe I dreamed it, don't take my word for it >_>]

So, maybe if you want a bit more bass, then the DT990/600 might be the way to go?
    If it were me though, I think I'd still get the DT880's

but...., is the LD MK III really enough for a 600ohm beyers?

3. Palpatine
    I asked the question in the DT 880 600 ohm thread and a fellow thought that the LDMK III was sufficient for that phone as that is what he used.