So many choices in the $300 range!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

pichu

500+ Head-Fier
Ok, so I am looking for a closed over ear phone. But my problem is, that $300 seems to be where alot of phones call home. Ive looked at the VMODA M100, SONY MDR-1, Mad Dogs,AKG Tiestos, Sennhesier Momentums, Denon, Beyer, ....... the list jsut keeps going on and on! I listen to dubstep, acoustic, electronic and 60's oldies and stuff in between. So what is the overall winner? This is a very important decision for me considering after this purchase I will not be getting another phone in a while : P

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
Ok, so I am looking for a closed over ear phone. But my problem is, that $300 seems to be where alot of phones call home. Ive looked at the VMODA M100, SONY MDR-1, Mad Dogs,AKG Tiestos, Sennhesier Momentums, Denon, Beyer, ....... the list jsut keeps going on and on! I listen to dubstep, acoustic, electronic and 60's oldies and stuff in between. So what is the overall winner? This is a very important decision for me considering after this purchase I will not be getting another phone in a while : P

It would help to know what your plugging the headphones into?
And is it for pubic or private listening?

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 8
it will be used with a fiio e10.......... and if i understand the second question i would be using it for travel and at home.......

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 8
It's too early in the life of both the SONY MDR-1, and assorted AKG Tiestos to make any good assumptions about them.

Vmoda m100 is probably the best bet for you. Innerfidelity has it as his top recommended sealed headphone, so you can't go wrong. (he's reviewed probably at least over $10,000 worth of headphones) 

Hope this helps.

Sennhesier Momentums seem very promising too. 

In all honesty, i don't think you can go wrong with either one in sound quality and the overall determining factor being style. Believe it or not, if you buy the one that you think looks better you'll probably perceive it as sounding better. Placebo effect at its finest :]. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #7 of 8
That really is a very interesting music preference. Dubstep and 60's stuff? Wow.

But, are these going to be used exclusively at home? Or you looking for portability?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back