So... Lehman BCL, Lake People Amps?
Aug 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gelocks

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the listed amps? I can get a Lehman BCL for $500 or less but I'm also interested in the Lake People G-103S or G109S... My current headphones are: Fostex T50RPs (Mad Dogs), Denon D5000, Ultrasone Signature Pros, Sennheiser HD600s and soon the Denon D600s.

I love the versatility of the Lake People amps regarding gain switches but haven't heard any of them? If I choose any of these, I'll probably purchase from Thomann or directly from LP...

So which way I should go?

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks.

P.S. I'll be using my Nuforce Icon HDP as source (DAC).

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #2 of 9
No one?

:frowning2:

I guess not many have tried the Lake People amp but I thought the Lehman was actually well known here...

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #3 of 9
11 hours isn't a very long time to expect responses.  Be patient, people will reply.  Also, Lake People amps aren't all that available in the USA, so not many people here have used them.

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #4 of 9
The Lehmman is a no brainer at that price, in my opinion. I have not heard the Lake People.

Aug 22, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #5 of 9
That's what I keep thinking and telling myself!!! lol

But, if the cheaper Lake People G103/109 or even the Apex Butte is a better option for my headphones, why not ask? :wink:

Thanks.

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #6 of 9
The Apex Bute is a very good sounding amp. Amazingly clear and transparent with good bass and an amazing midrange that is a little on the "full" side of neutral, but not warm by any means. Treble extension is top-notch as well. Soundstage depth is also just awesome for that price width is only above avarage, but not closed in IMO. You can't go wrong with that amp for 400$+shipping. It was also mentioned that it is almost 95 percent of the bigger Arete's sound for half the price.

Dec 21, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #8 of 9
FYI, you might want to checkout the G103 / G109 thread if you haven't already:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620082/lake-people-g109-g103-thread

Dec 22, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #9 of 9
Yes, that 5% does terrible things to our psyche and wallet 
biggrin.gif
.  Butte is a great little amp, especially when combined with a source providing good amount of voltage.

Quote:
The Apex Bute is a very good sounding amp. Amazingly clear and transparent with good bass and an amazing midrange that is a little on the "full" side of neutral, but not warm by any means. Treble extension is top-notch as well. Soundstage depth is also just awesome for that price width is only above avarage, but not closed in IMO. You can't go wrong with that amp for 400$+shipping. It was also mentioned that it is almost 95 percent of the bigger Arete's sound for half the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back