So I've decided that I'm going to beat Jahn in post counts
Apr 11, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #3 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
Rumor has it that he doesn't sleep.

There is also no post too inane for him to respond to...

Good luck!

-Matt

Rumour also has it that "Jahn" is not the one person. Some say he contracts his posts out to a call centre in India and he has a team of 37 people posting at any one time, they work on a shift system so these guys are doing "Jahn posts" 24/7/365. You'd really have to do the same (contract out your posting) or be a touch typist with 24/7 access (and lots of coffee) to get even close to the Jahn team's post count. Word has it that he may be installing voice recognition in the Indian call centres so expect his post count to "increase" once he has the new technology in place!

Apr 11, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #4 of 80
If there's a will, there's a way I always say. Nevertheless, you're going to need to post more... much more. Jahn has a post count average of 20 or so posts a DAY, and that would be hard to beat. If you want my advice, I have some tips and patterns from all the posts.

1) No life (or a ton of spare time or procrastination)

2) Have a great rig(s) to offer up opinions.

3a) Upgradeitis like there's not tomorrow.
3b) Money (or cleverly selling stuff) to upkeep said upgradeitis.

4) The sort of brilliant (insane?) mind that allows you to respond to every post, no matter how inane, with a dialogue that actually benefits the discussion as a whole (I don't know how Jahn does this so well... I notice that not all his posts follow this rule, but I'd say a majority of them do).

5) Some other allies on Head-fi to post off of (the "CURSE YOU 1911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thread is an EXCELLENT example of this).

6) Get involved with the Head-fi activities (meets, donations, etc.).

That is my advice to you. Please don't go off on a totally inane posting spree though, as those tend to be deleted as inappropriate by the mods. Good luck to you buddy, you're going to need it
very_evil_smiley.gif
!

Apr 11, 2006 at 7:49 AM Post #6 of 80
You underestimate the power of the darkside...I mean Jahn
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #7 of 80
i woke up from spooning with my shiba just to post this emoticon:

evil_smiley.gif

Apr 11, 2006 at 8:43 AM Post #9 of 80
It could merely be a ruse to trick any potential challengers
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2006 at 8:58 AM Post #10 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Rumour also has it that "Jahn" is not the one person. Some say he contracts his posts out to a call centre in India and he has a team of 37 people posting at any one time, they work on a shift system so these guys are doing "Jahn posts" 24/7/365. You'd really have to do the same (contract out your posting) or be a touch typist with 24/7 access (and lots of coffee) to get even close to the Jahn team's post count. Word has it that he may be installing voice recognition in the Indian call centres so expect his post count to "increase" once he has the new technology in place!

JAHN'S POSTING TEAM:

groupofindians.jpg

From left to right:
1. Jahn 9AM-10AM
2. Jahn 10AM-11AM
3. Jahn 11AM-12PM
4. Jahn 12PM-1PM
5. Jahn 1PM-2PM
6. Jahn 2PM-3PM
7. Jahn 3PM-4PM

Rest of the team was not in office yet.

I particularly like the 3-4PM Jahn. As the picture suggested, he's a bit shy and quiet, but only posts useful stuffs.

Apr 11, 2006 at 10:19 AM Post #13 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
JAHN'S POSTING TEAM:

groupofindians.jpg

From left to right:
1. Jahn 9AM-10AM
2. Jahn 10AM-11AM
3. Jahn 11AM-12PM
4. Jahn 12PM-1PM
5. Jahn 1PM-2PM
6. Jahn 2PM-3PM
7. Jahn 3PM-4PM

Rest of the team was not in office yet.

I particularly like the 3-4PM Jahn. As the picture suggested, he's a bit shy and quiet, but only posts useful stuffs.

XD, you almost made me choke on my morning toast
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2006 at 10:29 AM Post #14 of 80
I'll assemble a post center in USA and source it to the highest bidder. I'm in Florida, so the call center will be staffed with rednecks that work for beer and chew. No union workers, so they won't half to take breaks. As long as beer is near the PC, they won't go anywhere.
Of course, post may incclude phrases like "get'R'done", "Yee Ha", "Hey, watch this ... "(BOOM).
Amp tweeks will result in only country music coming out of headphones.

Apr 11, 2006 at 11:41 AM Post #15 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
From now on I will go forward with the power of the Nef. Wish me luck.

pfft...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back