So I'd like a cable to bring out the midrange in my HD650's...
Jul 9, 2005 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Thaddy

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got them today, and they've been used litely for a few months, so I'm assuming they've burned in enough. Anyways, besides the fact that I love the sound, I think I'm going to want to get a different cable (using the Oehlbach now) to bring out the midrange a bit more. Now, I'm not positive this is the right move, since I have a bigger and badder Millet coming soon. It'll have the STEPS psu, which I'm told is a nice improvement over a wall-wart. However, I won't know how it affects the sound until I hear it with my own ears.

So, is there a certain cable that will liven these babies up a bit? Or, should I wait for the new amp to arrive before making any decisions regarding a new cable.

Jul 9, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 4
I vote wait for the amp...

the amp will have a larger influence on sound then the cable would... try your best to match your system not just individual parts... do it as a whole... hold off and see if you new amp helps your needs.

Jul 9, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
I vote wait for the amp...

the amp will have a larger influence on sound then the cable would... try your best to match your system not just individual parts... do it as a whole... hold off and see if you new amp helps your needs.

Yeah I think I should do that, I'm getting trigger happy
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back