So I was on the plane home...
Mar 23, 2006 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Nrbelex

Head-Fier
So I was on a plane home and I looked around and literally saw about 4 or 5 people wearing Bose QuietComfort 2's
eek.gif
. My friend's father was one of them and I asked to borrow them. I tried them on and they cancelled out maybe 1/3 of the plane's engine and another 1/3 was drowned out when music was played. Granted, it wasn't an ideal testing situation, but in the minute I had them on I was glad to be able to take them off and put in my E2c's which did a superior job of noise-cancellation and which (I thought), had better sound. Being the owner of just the Shure's and SR60's, I figured the Bose cans would sound at least a little better than what I was used to (you know, "you get what you pay for"
rolleyes.gif
) but at that moment, the hours of reading I had done here paid off. Awesome.
rs1smile.gif

~ Brett

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #4 of 13
now, skudmunky, would that be a "warm" like vacuum tube warm sound?
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 5:22 AM Post #5 of 13
I know what you mean man. I bought some about a 1.5 weeks ago and returned them only 2 days after having them. They friking suck! The sound and build quality are horrendous for something that price.

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #6 of 13
how did u react on the plane? were you like wow great purchase they sound excellent. or did u tell him straight that you thought they were terrible.
orphsmile.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #7 of 13
Two observations about Bose:

1. I have been flying about 5,000 miles a week recently, and I have yet to observe fewer than 2 pairs of Quiet Comfort 2s in any first class cabin.

2. I saw a pair of Triports on display at Target last weekend. The display wasn't functional, so I couldn't listen to them, but even after reading all of the negative comments about them here, I was still shocked at how appallingly bad the build quality seemed to be for a pair of cans in the $150 price range.

Mar 23, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnum22
he got exactly what he paid for, those expensive high end bose decals.

Yes...

Bose: Better sales through Marketing.

Mar 23, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
now, skudmunky, would that be a "warm" like vacuum tube warm sound?
wink.gif

I wouldn't know, but probably. Someday I'll have a chance to listen to a tube rig.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota
how did u react on the plane? were you like wow great purchase they sound excellent. or did u tell him straight that you thought they were terrible.
orphsmile.gif

I said something to the extent of, "Those sound pretty good..." Appearently shocked at a reaction of less than "Oh My GOD - Those sound amazing!", he asked what I was using. I told them that they use passive noice-cancellation and they're more like ear-plugs in terms of noise-cancellation. He asked to try them and I said he could but I didn't think they would fit in his ears properly (I have the middle sized sleeve on and I was talking to the owner of the headphone's son who's 13) and it takes a while to learn how to properly put them in. He decided against trying them on... He was happy, I was happy, and all the other Bose owners in the plane were happy
evil_smiley.gif
. I refrained from informing him that Bose "stands for" Buy Other Stereo Equipment.

~ Brett

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:17 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nrbelex
I refrained from informing him that Bose "stands for" Buy Other Stereo Equipment.

~ Brett

I don't think he has been fully converted then...
tongue.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nrbelex
I refrained from informing him that Bose "stands for" Buy Other Stereo Equipment.

~ Brett

Aww man, thats a sig worthy statement lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back