So.. I returned Zune HD and Bose Around The Ear
Feb 21, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brennan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For... iPod Classic 160gb and Shure SRH240! ... Did I make a right choice?

depends on what you mean by "right choice." On sound quality, I'm sure both the ipod & the 240's have better quality than zune/bose, but I personally would have gone for a sansa clip+ and shure srh840 for the same combined price or cheaper.

Zune HD sound quality kind of sucks in my opinion.

Feb 21, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #5 of 14
The Zune HD might have been alright as it was. You may have just needed a different set of headphones.

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 14
I don't know how the Classic sounds, but if it's anything like the touch, then it's a good choice.

Still, the zune hd with a decent headphone or iem would have done an equal job, if not better.

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #7 of 14
Yea I don't think you got that much increase in SQ from changing players but Bose headphones aren't held....at high regard here. IMO you're paying too much for what you get.
Plus the lack of detail these phones give is discerning to me :/

Feb 22, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #9 of 14
the classic is one of the few excusable ipods becuase theres basicly nothing in that capacity, heck, if they rockboxed the classic, i would buy a pocket dock and get myself one tommorow,

the itouch is ok because its a decent portable device, but ipods in general as dedicated audio players are meh unless you intend to amp them, un amped ipods only sound good to apple fanboys,

i went to an apple store and plugged my senhaiser IE8´s to a classic and all i could hear was this dark muddy noise (i own a cowon S9),

as for "if i did the right thing" the right thing is what feels and sounds right to you, not pleasing a bunch of fanboys in a forum, yes, Bose is overpriced crap, but if you like how it sounds, then keep it, i usualy put the Zune and the Ipod more or less on the same level, with a general Meh at their mediocre sound and restrictive lock in systems, but thats up to you to decide if you like itunes or not, and if you like the sound or not,

personaly, i wouldnt touch an apple product with a 10 feet pole, and since the zune was never made to be a good audio player, it was designed to compete with the ipod, it failed before it ever went on sale, becuase it was never designed to be good audio player, it was designed to go against the ipod, no one on its development team was ever given the order to make a good player, they were given the order to kill the ipod, and thats what came out, basicly a ipod clone,

Feb 23, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #11 of 14
The right thing would be what sounds best to you not me or anyone else we all have our preferences on this forum for what we believe is better but that does not fit everyone.

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #13 of 14
Definitely a good idea to have changed the headphones but I would have kept the zune...but I think you will like your setup

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brennan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For... iPod Classic 160gb and Shure SRH240! ... Did I make a right choice?

Good ...

Soon MS will drop Zune hd like older models, there is new Win7 on the way , and somepne in there FINALY decide to use WM for player .... I just hope this time THIS someone will pick right hardware ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back