So I need some advice and lighting on headphones..
Mar 18, 2006 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ShaftedTwice

100+ Head-Fier
Ive been lurking these forums for a few days now and decided that I need to get me some headphones. First off, they need to be portable, I will be mostly listening to my MP3 player. Secondly, I listen to mainly Metal/Progressive Metal and such, along with some rock. I am not a basshead though, so keep that in mind.

Sound isolation would be nice, but I am not demanding it really, but if its there, Ill certainly take it. Along with this, I do not want it to be leaking out so that the person next to me can hear the music just as well as I. Comfort is a big plus, I'd rather not be having to take them out every 20 minutes due to the pain.. Also, what matters a lot to me is that they stay in my ears without falling out a lot.

Any type of earphone is fine for me, just as long as they are portable and fit the above. Thanks a bunch
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 18, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 9
I think that the sennheiser cx300 fits your bill perfectly. Not nearly as expensive as the e4, and extremely fast and impactful for an IEM in it's price range.

Mar 18, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 9
Sorry I forgot to include a budget cap, but the Shure E4 is too expensive for me, the Sennheiser CX300 is at the top, if not a little above my price cap. I was thinking about the Koss KSC-75s, but would the Sennheiser CX300's totally make it worth $40 or so bucks more?

Mar 18, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 9
The Koss KSC-75 provide no isolation. Which if you're using these on the go, especially public transit, or walking out and about, a mild isolation is really nice.

Also, you can probably wait a bit and find the CX300 on sale for around $40 if you're willing to wait.

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaftedTwice
So my #1 choice should definately be the Sennheiser CX300's then?

You might find a PX100 in your price-range. Those are not in-ear and might be a *little* leaky, but they sound great.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Mar 20, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by angler31337
You might find a PX100 in your price-range. Those are not in-ear and might be a *little* leaky, but they sound great.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Yeah, I've heard good things about em, which do you think are more comfy?

Mar 20, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaftedTwice
Yeah, I've heard good things about em, which do you think are more comfy?

As an IEM lover extraordinaire, I have to admit that full-sized cans are generally still more comfy. With that said, I've never tried the CX300, so I can't provide a direct comparison.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back