So...how exactly do I use my new SE310's? (Insertion questions)
Apr 25, 2008 at 6:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

gohanssjn

100+ Head-Fier
So, new SE310's, and they sound GREAT...when I get a good fit.

I have tried the pulling the ear thing. I am using the Shure small olives, but the front always seems to cover the sound port when I put them in. Any ideas?

it's a lot more pronounced on my right ear, let me try switching the sleeves and see if it goes to the left...

Apr 25, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 13
Well, i was using the smalls, but mediums may actually do better.

Question is to avoid any sound loss, should I cut the ends of them (past the plastic tube) off to avoid blockage?

They did come with 2 sets of mediums...(one in the fit kit, and one on the phones)

Apr 25, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 13
"Wrap" the cable on top of your ear (using the L and R markers for each of your ear) and "press" the IEM inside the canal of your ear. I would use those "Black Foams" at first until you're comfy with them and then use the Super Soft Sleeves.

I might have to post a photo on how you're supposed to use these IEMs, though. Also, you have to clean the cable because there's been allegations about these earphones' cables caking, hardening, and even cracking.

Apr 25, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #6 of 13
Well, I have tried again and again and I think I have the hang of it now.

Now, for another similar question...is there a way to make the wire stay above the ear? It keeps wanting to fall off and away from the ear instead, with the only way for me to keep it there is to have my mp3 play hang from my ears (a tiny Shuffle, only tried it once, don't worry, I will baby my cables
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Apr 25, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #7 of 13
Apr 26, 2008 at 4:07 PM Post #9 of 13
Just a wee bump for the wire issue. thanks for the help so far everyone. They sound fantastic. There are parts in songs where I am hearing particular instruments for the first time. last night I literally had a moment of "Wait, the sax is still playing there!?!?!"

Incredible.

Apr 26, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #10 of 13
yeh, put the cables over your ears, then pull the cable pulley up towards your chin, not right up because that may be uncomfortable but most the way up to hold the cables on the ears. after a week or so of general use the cables will take shape and you wont need to pull the cable pulley up so far,hope that helps
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by gohanssjn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
last night I literally had a moment of "Wait, the sax is still playing there!?!?!"

Incredible.

this is when you realise that high definition armatures actually make a difference. just like that new high def TV that shows you the detail you were missing before, its for sure an eye opener, or ear opener in this case, when you listen to some cheaper earphones in a few weeks you will realise what trash they actually are

Apr 26, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #13 of 13
Another thing I have never noticed...almost every studio album I have I can now hear the reverb in...you know, in the studio in which they made it.

I could definitely get into this as my new hobby
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back