So good M1060..
Nov 10, 2017 at 8:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

JediMa70

500+ Head-Fier
I got my new Monolith M1060 (second version) and they are simply fantastic.. I'm just in love with them.
I bought them to replace the X2 I have, because I wanted bass, soundstage but detail too, the other headphones I got are HD600 and He400i.. I wonder if I was wrong and I should consider the M1060 as an upgrade of He400i and sell them instead of the X2. My ears are still at "noob" level that's why I'm asking for your opinions.

Nov 16, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 7
When I was looking at getting started in open planars I ended up buying the 400i's and the M1060's to do a side by side comparison, and it was an easy decision to keep the M1060's over the 400i's.

Not only did they immediately sound more engaging and detailed, I also have been having a lot of fun modding these phones to be truly spectacular!

That being said, go with what you hear. My previous headphones were the HD650s (which I still own and use, but much less often).

Nov 17, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #4 of 7
I'm a big m1060 fan! I am constantly using different headphones... Switching between Philips Fidelio L2(my previous favorite headphone), HD598, Beyer DT880, AKG 240 etc... But since I got the m1060 it seems like that gets 90% of my head time. I can not put my finger on why I love it so much but every time I listen I find something magical to love. And that soundstage is out of this world!

Nov 17, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #5 of 7
When I was looking at getting started in open planars I ended up buying the 400i's and the M1060's to do a side by side comparison, and it was an easy decision to keep the M1060's over the 400i's.

Not only did they immediately sound more engaging and detailed, I also have been having a lot of fun modding these phones to be truly spectacular!

That being said, go with what you hear. My previous headphones were the HD650s (which I still own and use, but much less often).

How did you mod them?

Nov 17, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #6 of 7
How did you mod them?

I started out by trying the fuzzor mod, which quickly got replaced by the fazor mod that was based off of pockyG's 3d-printed files.

I also pad rolled to the Audeze vegans, and replaced the back grill with other 3d printed parts (see profile pic) using very open speaker cloth as the back dust protection.

The end result it's a superbly balanced experience with great bass extension and excellent smooth treble!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back