So Cal get-together -- revisited!
Jul 30, 2002 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 121

MooGoesTheCow

500+ MOOOderator: Needs a better MOOOOmate
Well, after the last meeting fell through, Carlo and I got to thinking -- if Texas of all places can schedule a meet and follow through with it, then us Californians can do one 10 times as successful!
wink.gif

Would anyone be willing to hold one on short notice? I know you're all busy with your this and your that, but if you can make time to check Head-Fi 10 times a day, then you can set aside half a day on a weekend to remove your shell and socialize.

I'm free for the next two weekends. A weekday is also possible, although it would have to be a late-afternoon/evening meet.

I've got a Meridian, McCormack MID, DT250-80's and K501's. And a handful of cables. You would also get to meet me, Moo. Isn't that enough incentive?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2002 at 4:46 PM Post #2 of 121
I hope we keep trying to have a meeting in Southern CA. In the meantime I will be in Dallas checking out why they have all of the cool meetings. They surely couldn't have a monopoly of all the cool people. Maybe a meeting consisting of me, Moo and Carlo would be good to start with.

Aug 1, 2002 at 4:38 AM Post #3 of 121
lol...i'd host it if I had my own place, but I don't (yet). Keep me posted. It might be smart to ask certian hifi-shop dealers in the area. I know ambrosia carries headphone stuff. They might be interested.

Nov 23, 2002 at 5:24 AM Post #6 of 121
One day, there should be a meeting of the californians...

Think about it... it would be a huge gathering of head-fiers. JMT, MacDEF, Moo... to name a few. A meeting of this magnitude might take some planning... as well as a somewhat centralized meeting spot. Perhaps something like santa cruz area or something like that?

A norcal/bay area meet is sort of in talks already... maybe that one can turn into a mega meet?

Nov 23, 2002 at 9:54 AM Post #7 of 121
I'm interested in a So/Nor Cal meet!!! Something aruond Christmas or New Year's would be awesome to show off what Christmas presents were received this year!!
biggrin.gif

Anyone else interested? MarkL, Kin3Tix, Buehler, Buehler?

Nov 23, 2002 at 10:11 AM Post #8 of 121
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
Perhaps something like santa cruz area or something like that?

ooooh, sounds great to me, considering that i dorm at UCSC
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
. the whole "mega meet" idea sounds awesome though, but it could be very hard to put together.

Nov 27, 2002 at 2:35 AM Post #10 of 121
A tentative date for the bay area meet is for around mid-january. I think for a mega-meet to happen (with lots of people and lots of cool equipment) there will need to be more time to plan/organize. Perhaps a summer california mega-meet? With all the bells and whistles! Who knows, with that much time maybe we can get sponsored or something and have a real convention of sorts.

Nov 27, 2002 at 5:07 AM Post #11 of 121
i'd love to meet some new people.... but i don't think it has to be some super-duper sponsered event. i'd rather go to some guy's house and be comfortable. socialize. drink. eat. you know... like a normal party, but with you guys instead. somewhere in LA/Orange county would be nice.

but i would also like to point out something: i've seen pictures of some other "meets..." and they are all lacking something--WOMEN! where are the females!?
eek.gif
well, i probably know the answer... my GF would probably rather die then go..... so i guess that's that.

Dec 3, 2002 at 1:51 AM Post #12 of 121
i have finals next week, so any weekend after this weekend would be great, except new years.

I live in OC and goto college in LA, so either is fine with me.

I have one of the new max's. A NAD C541, 2 HD600's, a clou red, and the cardas smuff.

i'd be glad to tote them along.

Dec 3, 2002 at 4:32 AM Post #13 of 121
I would also like to say that either OC or LA is fine by me!! It just has to be on/before Jan 10th for me to go as I have to pack up my stuff to travel on the 14th.

Cabling: Virtual Dynamics Nite pcs & IC.

Source: Arcam FMJ CD23.

Head Amp: RKV Mk II w/ Impedancer.

Cans: Sony CD3000 and V6

Count me in, but the sooner the better for obvious packing reasons!!

Dec 9, 2002 at 11:12 AM Post #14 of 121
If it's held in LA/OC area..I might as well show up. I don't have much to show for....a Meta 42 and a Senn 580...so I will benefit more from you guys than the other way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back