So are the KSC-35's the best 'phones under $50?
Feb 6, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Those POS ear clips broke off on mine.

I like my Porta Pros much better.same drivers, nice metal fold up headband.

-Ed

I would never want something with a clip like those ... but ...

Are the PortaPros really the same? The KSC75s say something about being titanium on them, and list a slightly lower sensitivity.

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #18 of 40
well i done a search and it seems that people are getting varied results with the K26P's. some are just terrible from what people are saying. i think i'm gonna stick with the ksc35's.

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #19 of 40
Honestly if the look doesn't matter for you I'd definitely go for the 75s over the 35s. I used the 75s for about a year and then switched to the 35s a few months ago and while I like the look of the 35s a fair bit more I think I did like the slightly brighter sound of the 75s a touch more, tho they are very similiar. The 75s also have a much sturdier build and are a bit more comfortable with the soft adjustable gumby-like clips. Considering the price difference I'd try the the 75s first, for less than 13 dollars you can't go wrong. Heck, if you decide on the 35s get some 75s anyway as a back-up and to try them out, they are that cheap.
Someone mentioned these phones being fatiguing but I've never found that to be the case and I'm rather sensitive in that area(Grado's always give me a headache within a half hour.) I've used both of the Kosses for up to 8 hours straight and never gotten fatigued by them.

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #20 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Medikit
KSC-75 is cheaper

I think he's talking about the quarter hole mod

It was a joke. I wouldn't buy the 75s anyway. I'm very happy with the 35s. I can't say they are better or not (I've said in my complete review that some people say that the 75s sound better) since I don't have the 75s to compare, so I'll avoid comments regarding that.
That being said I think either with the 35s (by my experience) or the 75s (for what I've read), you'll be satisfied.

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #21 of 40
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 4:08 AM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundscape
yeah, i'm going to be wearing these while lying in bed alot, probably with a little pressure on them at times.. are the 75's really that much more confortable?

Lying in bed, say with the phone between your ear and a pillow, is the one place where the 35s might be more comfortable as they are flatter and skinnier as well as lighter. I wouldn't worry about the comfort factor to be honest, they are both fine in that area. The only comfort issues I've ever had with either is with the 35s after 5 or so hours of use. The stiff plastic clips start to chafe a small amount on the pressure point on the top of the ear, but it's nothing that bad really.

Feb 6, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #24 of 40
The best way to decide is buying them both. They are cheap. You may give as a gift or sell the one that you dont like. I did it like that. The best way to clear your mind is trying both KSC-35 and 75 by yourself (I have chosen KSC-35 and even bougt the second one as a spare
tongue.gif
... but you know thats my decision).

Feb 6, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyjjy777
The only comfort issues I've ever had with either is with the 35s after 5 or so hours of use. The stiff plastic clips start to chafe a small amount on the pressure point on the top of the ear, but it's nothing that bad really.

That's right. I've said that on my review. When that happens I really can't notice that with them on, but I take them off I feel that right away, and if I pass my fingers over the top of the ear, I really feel that it's a little soar.
However, I think that it's a cause about the way I put the heaphones. I think I roll them to far back, so the upper part of the clip really preasures that zone. I've been trying to keep them in a more "straight" or "vertical" position, and I notice that that effect doens't occur that much.

Feb 6, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #26 of 40
Don't know if it's too late or not, but I'll give another vote to the AKG K26P's.. I hate the little clip-on type headphones plus I think the AKG's sound great.. Good luck on whatever you pick!

JD

Feb 7, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #29 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundscape
wait...what about the px-100's, i just came across them and they seem to be highly praised for a 30 dollar pair of headphones. do they have better sq than the ksc 35(or 75)?

Don't do this to yourself. Fuhgeddaboudit. Enjoy your KSC-35's! They are great little cans that are an amazing value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back