Snorry Planar Magnetic Headphones
May 9, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #61 of 134
I don't pay any attention at all to measurements. Do they sound good. That's enough, measurements are hogwash to me. So yes Thekk is the superior sounding headphone to me. Better bass....not as dry sounding yet with significant technology.

May 9, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #62 of 134
don't pay any attention at all to measurements. Do they sound good. That's enough, measurements are hogwash to me. So yes Thekk is the superior sounding headphone to me. Better bass....not as dry sounding yet with significant technology.
It's difficult to discuss differences in terms limited to good-bad )

Thekk's bass is bigger, not better, alas. No wonder - many many many people take "bigger" as "better". But objectively talking Thror's bass is more balanced, more resolving and natural compared to Thekk's bass. And subjectively talking Thekk’s bass is more fun and wow-generating, but usually and unfortunately that’s short-term effects.

(And definitely better to move further discussion to Kennerton thread).

May 9, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #63 of 134
I really want to buy the NM-1 but it's just too expensive to purchase from the United States. And the creator told me that if I pay with PayPal, there's an additional 10% commission fee! 10%!!!

Well I was very interested, but now I'm going to pass and move on. For the cost of them plus shipping and a ridiculous up charge on PayPal fees, I can find a brand new LCD 4.

May 14, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #64 of 134
@levap I believe this is your starry map of Kennerton headphones...could you English translate this and put this side-by-side with Snorry map so everyone whose interested in Russian headphones can get a better picture of where all the models fall in perspective of each other?

Attachments

• HP starmap 20210126.png
    HP starmap 20210126.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 0
May 14, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #65 of 134
I reached out to Snorry to maybe sell a headband and yoke replacement kit as i am hoping to get something more durable/time lasting for my Fostex 900's. Sadly to say Snorry is not selling parts or doing mods anymore.. at least to anyone outside of Russia. So now, still trying to source someone that owns an Audeze to get me a replacement kit.

May 15, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #66 of 134
@levap I believe this is your starry map of Kennerton headphones...could you English translate this and put this side-by-side with Snorry map so everyone whose interested in Russian headphones can get a better picture of where all the models fall in perspective of each other?
Really strange, I thought that I posted it in a Kennerton thread here, but actually - not. Thanks and more maps - Kennertons and once more Snorry ) As you can see I find SI-2 vs Odin, NM-1 vs Thror very close in overal level matters.
Kennerton_en.png

NM-1_en.png

May 15, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #67 of 134
Jul 19, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #68 of 134
Well I managed to snag a pair of NM-1. Looking forward to trying them out.

Jul 20, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #69 of 134
By the way, found a very nice synergy of NM-1 with one tube amplifier (also locally made).
I was quite skeptical about tubes but found NM-1 not just technically great but also "emotionally full".

DSC_0380_1.jpg

Jul 22, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #71 of 134
Jul 22, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #73 of 134
This is the only Snorry thread AFAIK unless he’s talking about The star map thread by Levap which is more generalized and not geared toward any specific headphones

Jul 25, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #75 of 134
I had a listening comparing session with the Verite this morning. The Snorry has quite a bit wider soundstage. The Verite is a bit wider. The Verite has a thicker timber. The Snorry is definitely more detailed. The biggest Strength of the Snorry and why I believe it is a super flagship is the layering, separation and air between the instruments is the best I have heard. The best way to describe it is…the Verite has great separation but it seems like it is on the same page or field so to speak. The Snorry has like 3 pages or fields where the instruments are sitting….imaging is astounding. The Verite has better (at least more quantity) bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back