Snorry Planar Magnetic Headphones
Apr 26, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #31 of 134
My SI-1 mk2 (rosewood).

SI-1.jpg

Apr 26, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #33 of 134
My SI-1 (mahogany)
66a92622c429977bf1e28cab93a649a4.jpg
That's interesting...on Mk1 version the grill looks more tightly braided than on Mk2. I wonder if there's any sound changes as a result.

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #34 of 134
[B][B]veritg0[/B][/B] The older SI-1 (non-mk2) versions are no longer available for sale. They were different externally and internally. Outwardly, they differed in the knots of fastening the headband of the headphones, cups, and a grill. I will not describe the differences in sound, because the old SI-1 is not for sale. In the photo there is a rare version (between SI-1 and SI-1 mk2) that has some of the innovations of the mk2. If you want a grill like the one in the photo, you can ask the snorri master to put one if possible.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #36 of 134
$90 pads is trash IMO
please report me again
I don't understand your fixation on pad prices. The headphones come with the pads and they're of pretty good quality real leather. They should far outlast most of the crap on headphones under $1k. If you're worried about replacement pads cost, most aftermarket pads will fit the headphones just fine albeit differences in sound but that's not a bad thing either.

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #37 of 134
Do you know if the SI-1/2 are considered mid-fi or junior flagship....would be interested to see the placement of those cans.
+ SI-2 starmap
NM-1_en.png

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #38 of 134
This is very detailed...thanks a lot for this:thumbsup:

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #39 of 134
The pads are closest to what Audeze offers.
They are comfortable and durable.
As far as I know, Snorry does the final tuning of the frequency response and precise channel matching with these ear pads.
Once I tried a lot of options - several pieces from Deconi and various others, but all of them were less successful choices in my ear.
And you shouldn't forget that customization is also possible here in agreement with the master. I've seen variations even with fur inside.
This is captivating because who else can..

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #40 of 134
The pads are closest to what Audeze offers.
They are comfortable and durable.
As far as I know, Snorry does the final tuning of the frequency response and precise channel matching with these ear pads.
Once I tried a lot of options - several pieces from Deconi and various others, but all of them were less successful choices in my ear.
And you shouldn't forget that customization is also possible here in agreement with the master. I've seen variations even with fur inside.
This is captivating because who else can..
I agree...I have tried pad swapping w/ SI-2...while other pads bring a more fun sound that works better with certain music genres, I've found the stock pads to be the most natural sounding that works well listening to a music for long periods of time w/o any fatigue.

May 4, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #41 of 134
Can any owners of the NM1 post some sound impressions? Is the bass tight and punchy, rounded and boomy? Are the mids thin or full? Is the treble detailed but not harsh? How is the soundstage width? Do they image well? Are the earpads spacious or small? Are these available to US residents?

May 4, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #42 of 134
No comparisons to Susvara, TC, LCD-4, etc?

May 5, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #43 of 134
Can any owners of the NM1 post some sound impressions? Is the bass tight and punchy, rounded and boomy? Are the mids thin or full? Is the treble detailed but not harsh? How is the soundstage width? Do they image well? Are the earpads spacious or small? Are these available to US residents?
Did you try to translate those 4 impressions with google?

May 5, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #45 of 134
There were some comparisons with 1266 for sure. Some prefer Abyss, some snorry. I believe @levap can shed some light on it.
There wasn't. There were hyperbolic reference to many things as STAX some rough conjecture about the original 1266. but overall skimpy and, well, in broken English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back