Snickers v. Mars v. Other (Please specify)
Nov 10, 2008 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

jonathanjong

Headphoneus Supremus
Here in New Zealand, the main competitors are Snickers, Mars, and Cadbury Moro. Far and away, I'm a Snickers ("classic", none of the variations) kind of guy myself. How about you?

Point of clarification: I'm talking about candy bars.

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #3 of 58
I despise butterfingers! To each his own, I suppose
smily_headphones1.gif

I am a big fan of Snickers, however I don't eat chocolate bars very frequently.

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #4 of 58
Other -> Firkløver.
Milk chocolate with hazelnuts, which have been on the Norwegian market since 1926.

firklover_wr.jpg

Nov 10, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #5 of 58
Cadbury's Lunchbar, a South African market chocolate bar. It has wafer, caramel, toasted rice, and peanuts. Basically what in Canada is called Cadbury's Mr. Big, but far better!

As for just plain old slab chocolates, there are just far too many with hazelnut filling that are all delicious.

Nov 11, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #7 of 58
Snickers = Yay!
Butterfingers = Yuck!

Nov 11, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #9 of 58
Reese's And Tolberone

Nov 11, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #10 of 58
So much Butterfingers hate.....

If I am going with the standard readily available chocolate bars here in the US, my faves would be Snickers first, Reese's second, and Butterfingers third. Most other chocolate bars don't interest me. There is a custom chocolate maker in Anchorage or Wasilla (I forget now) who makes a delicious Jalepeno Peanut Brittle with Chocolate covering that I love.

Nov 11, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #12 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cadbury's Lunchbar, a South African market chocolate bar. It has wafer, caramel, toasted rice, and peanuts. Basically what in Canada is called Cadbury's Mr. Big, but far better!

As for just plain old slab chocolates, there are just far too many with hazelnut filling that are all delicious.

Yeah we got them here. I don't like them much though.

For me its 1st Snickers, 2nd Reeses which are kinda hard to find here. Butterfingers aren't available.

Nov 11, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #13 of 58
I'd take a mars over a snickers most days of the week :)

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #15 of 58
Screw that chewy stuff, Butterfinger with a cold glass of milk FTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back