Snacks to avoid with IEMs
May 26, 2020 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

jamington2004

500+ Head-Fier
Just enjoying a wonderful evening of music on my IEM - including a couple of glasses of vino! (Hence the post :wink: )

I think I may have discovered a downside to IEMs.... breadsticks!!! Totally ruined the moment, music ruined and it even broke the great seal I had - had to remove said earphones, munch on a said snack, replace and re-seal!!!

I’m back in the game now - wondering if anyone else has a particular snack they find troublesome with IEMs - or maybe even recommended snacks?! :)

(new to the forum - will soon find out if any of you have a sense of humour similar to mine)

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 16
Just enjoying a wonderful evening of music on my IEM - including a couple of glasses of vino! (Hence the post :wink: )

I think I may have discovered a downside to IEMs.... breadsticks!!! Totally ruined the moment, music ruined and it even broke the great seal I had - had to remove said earphones, munch on a said snack, replace and re-seal!!!

I’m back in the game now - wondering if anyone else has a particular snack they find troublesome with IEMs - or maybe even recommended snacks?! :)

(new to the forum - will soon find out if any of you have a sense of humour similar to mine)
Eat first music later, simple :p

May 26, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 16
I’ve always let the finer females eat crackers in bed; never ruined the moment.

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 16
Gotta use a chopstick for them Cheetos..

CgcfKGEWcAA5_WM.jpg:large

May 26, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #7 of 16
Right -
1) I just learned what misophonia is thanks :)
2) I have no interest in whether your Mrs eating crackers in bed “puts you off”
3) what the hell has the method of snack transportation between bowl and mouth got to do with topic of “in mouth crunch factor” affecting sound quality?!

Come on no thread crapping please! 😁

Note to self - Interesting I have had more replies to this than my serious posts since joining

May 26, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #8 of 16
Music and drinking stop and eat then continue music and drinking.

May 26, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #10 of 16
Snacks and headphones are a no go for me. Nearfield monitors....different story.

May 26, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #11 of 16

Ice cream

May 27, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #13 of 16
I won't lie: I get off on eating chips with custom IEMs. There's just something about the seal being on the verge of being broken, only to be restored when my mastication ends.

May 27, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #15 of 16
I won't lie: I get off on eating chips with custom IEMs. There's just something about the seal being on the verge of being broken, only to be restored when my mastication ends.
You're a pervert. The worst sort of pervert.
😭

:upside_down:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back