Smyth Research Realiser A16
May 8, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #11,551 of 15,985
Any updates on shipping ?

May 8, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #11,552 of 15,985
Any updates on shipping ?
Until a few days ago the French dealer had still A16(s) in stock according to his web site. Now the web site mentions : "delivery end of May"
He has always been trustworthy and honest to the best of my knowledge...unlike some that all of us know so well for their communication skills !

That is all I have and of course many emails from James promising the moon...:slight_frown:

May 10, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #11,554 of 15,985
Does anyone remember when the last Kickstarter order was shipped. I mean the last one before the present hiatus?

May 10, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #11,556 of 15,985
Did anyone try the Woojer haptic vest edge with the A16 with movies yet? Are the vibration locations well rendered on the different location of the body-vest according to the movies action scenes?
For what it's worth, my experience enclosed.

Attachments

• REVIEW OF THE WOOJER VEST EDGE.docx
    335 KB · Views: 0
May 10, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #11,559 of 15,985
Thank you for your detailed review, do the rumbling and vibrations have an stereo effect through the vest to the body torso or it s just all the 6 haptic oscilators rumbling at same time when LFE arise during movies?
Sorry. My experience with the woojer vest "Edge" (and Subpac as well) stopped for me in January 2021 after all the tests I did. So I have no recollection whether the motors were working independently or not.

May 10, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #11,562 of 15,985
I believe it to be :
no. 317 Robert... : received around 29th October 2020

Interesting. I am among those who pre-ordered, and I remember James promising me last year that my unit will be shipped in the first quarter of 2021, after all the Kickstarter orders have shipped. And that was supposed to be a rare moment of unprecedented candor in which James was attempting to show some "contrition," come clean, and apologize for what Smyth has put all clients through.

I wonder how many more of such parlor tricks he is got left up his sleeve. At any rate, I hope, at least, that those of you who already have your units in hand are receiving better customer care (however slight) from the Smyths than those of us who pre-ordered.

May 10, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #11,563 of 15,985
oh i see, which one was the best between the woojer and subpac btw?

Definitely the woojer vest. I may not be the perfect "objective" subject but I can recognize what it can do. Pm if further details ; not really A16...

@You Gene: Did you try another fully functioning subpac or are you comparing the woojer with the subpac that didn't make you feel anything? That wouldn't be fair. That subpac without a doubt must have been defective. If I put my subpac to the max there is no way in the world someone wouldn't notice what it is doing, it can kick like a mule so to speak also in the bottom end of the spectrum. And that while I have it hidden in the back of my sofa back cushion which dampens the vibrations but also solves the comfort problems of having your back directly against the uncomfortable hard subpac itself.

May 10, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #11,564 of 15,985
@You Gene: Did you try another fully functioning subpac or are you comparing the woojer with the subpac that didn't make you feel anything? That wouldn't be fair. That subpac without a doubt must have been defective. If I put my subpac to the max there is no way in the world someone wouldn't notice what it is doing, it can kick like a mule so to speak also in the bottom end of the spectrum. And that while I have it hidden in the back of my sofa back cushion which dampens the vibrations but also solves the comfort problems of having your back directly against the uncomfortable hard subpac itself.
I admit to being unfair...:tired_face:. Mea culpa...I am still pissed that the subpac experiment did not work out. I hate being wrong !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back