Smyth Research Realiser A16
Aug 25, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #9,976 of 15,986
Thank you for the quick help. "Subfolder" was the keyword .. I must have overread it several times.
Actually those subfolders are not mentioned in the manual, we were all puzzled in the beginning until someone picked it up from one of the Smyth youtube instruction videos...

Aug 25, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #9,977 of 15,986
They found it. UPS shipped it back to Smyth Research. The *#@&%! idiots. It's being shipped back to me after they retest it to make certain it's in working order.
That's quite a relief... I'm glad for you !!
This time it may ship back via DHL unless UPS reship it back to you for free (that would be the least they could do)

Aug 25, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #9,980 of 15,986
Are you asking whether or not people received both the ordered head tops, or did you mean to ask whether they also got 2 SET tops?
Normally you would always get one set top. Smyth forgot to add the second head top in a few instances. If that happens/happened to you then contact Smyth.

Aug 25, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #9,981 of 15,986
I got everything I needed when I ordered two headtrackers. I admit my wife hasn’t been keen enough to join me in listening to headphones though, sadly.

Hello, I downloaded several PRIRs from the Google drive, but they are not displayed in the Realiser menu.

The SD is correctly formatted as fat32. I have just transferred the latest firmware, so it works. Factory reset has been made.

Anyone have any idea what my fault could be? Do the PRIR have to be stored in a special folder?
what is this google drive? Made by Smyth???

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #9,984 of 15,986
Thank you everyone for the emotional support. It's not like my dog died, or my house was pushed over by a tornado, or I lost 3 toes in a lawnmower accident, but it's really been a PIA, and I'm grateful for everyone's empathy and encouragement. 🙃

Aug 25, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #9,985 of 15,986
Aug 26, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #9,989 of 15,986
We will just need to "borrow" a proper home theater room which has been optimize by Trinnov processor and capture it with our A16...Way more chance to find a way to do it than winning lottery...
A bit like Hugo (HCFR) did with the help of Gilles (French dealer) in a "tuition" Trinnov room (17.4.12). He now has a 9.1.6 PRIR slightly better than our PRIR...:sunglasses: :
https://www.homecinema-fr.com/video...pture-prir-9-1-6-en-contexte-trinnov-17-4-12/

I wonder if this PRIR is going to be on the Realiser Exchange !

Aug 26, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #9,990 of 15,986
FYI, I just received notice that my UK customs claim repayment just arrived in my TransferWise account. I will next be transferring the full amount of money in my TransferWise account to my US bank account. For the record, I received notice of my repayment claim approval exactly 7 days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back