Smyth Research Realiser A16
Jun 16, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #9,106 of 15,986
So basically, when someone writes about deliveries James first checks the status and then two cases :
- the unit has yet to be delivered and he plays dead and remains silent
- the unit was already delivered and he answers saying "You already got your unit so stop bugging us"
That's one way of running customer service... :thinking:

Jun 16, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #9,107 of 15,986
You have to trust us at some point because the lack of info is not working to your advantage...
Was this part of your question or is this an answer from them??

...I checked your records and see you have received your unit. What seems to be the problem?...
Is this the only answer you got?

Jun 16, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #9,108 of 15,986
I asked about a week or so back about the status of the upgrades very politely. I explained that one of the reasons I’m curious is because I have close to $1,000 tied up in customs fees that I can’t work on getting refunded until they ship my unit back. I received no response. It’s frustrating enough when they don’t post updates and that sort of thing, but it’s 10x more so when they won’t respond about a unit that I paid $4,000 + $500 for the upgrade + $400 to shipping + $1000 in customs fees. That’s almost $6,000 I have tied up in the A16 right now and they can’t be bothered to take two minutes to respond to the status of my upgrade.

Jun 16, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #9,109 of 15,986
Was this part of your question or is this an answer from them??
Is this the only answer you got?

my original question word for word (copy/paste) : yesterday
subject : "deliveries for Kickstarters and upgrades for others"
Hello,
I am begging you to hand over some information to us because people are desperate. Even bad information (delays, anything) is welcome.
You have to trust us at some point because the lack of info is not working to your advantage.
Thank you for your understanding,
Yves

the original answer word for word (copy paste) : today
Hello,
Thanks for getting in touch.
I checked your records and see you have received your unit.
What seems to be the problem?
Regards
James

my original next question word for word (copy/paste) : today and yet to be answered
Hello James,
I am still waiting for the 2 new circuit boards from Gilles Gerin that are - according to him - on order in the USA but not yet received. I will have to send my A16 to him when he receives the boards.
On the other hand, people (kickstarters among others) are asking for information on the forums head-fi and HCFR. They are not receiving their A16 with the new boards.
Are the new boards already received or on order in the USA? I have my A16 but the upgrade is eagerly awaited.
Thank you for any input from your end and sorry to intrude like this,
Yves

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #9,112 of 15,986
my realizer at 16/24/32 :) is returning home

A parcel was picked up by FedEx today and is planned for delivery to you by Thursday, June 18, 2020.

Consegna programmata:
Giovedì 18/06/2020 per 20:00

DA

LONDON, LO GB

A

MILANO, LOMBARDIA, IT

Was this an A16 you sent in for service or for an upgrade?

Jun 16, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #9,114 of 15,986
UPGRADE .. now my A16 is A2178346823642 :)

Glad to hear you’re getting it back! Hopefully that’s a good sign for the rest of us that sent them in for upgrades.

Jun 16, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #9,117 of 15,986
I'm a "Pre-Order" Customer Feb 15 2017 is when i put $700 down (partial payment) Paid the rest in May 2017 including $70 for shipping to United States. Any idea when I might be getting mine?

Jun 16, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #9,119 of 15,986
Did you ask them to handle the shipping for you? I thought that we all have to handle the shipping ourselves. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was told by James after the fiasco of the cost of shipping and customs fees that they would arrange return shipping via UPS to the US. I’m assuming that’s what they’re going to be doing for everyone whether it be UPS or FedEx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back