Smyth Research Realiser A16
Apr 17, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #8,582 of 15,951
Paid my upgrade invoice and now I guess I wait until Monday to see what James has to tell us about shipping the unit back.

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #8,583 of 15,951
Wondering if we can pay for an upgrade BEFORE our units ship later this year?

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #8,585 of 15,951
Hypothetical... lets say someone has no speakers at home and no place close to go to to get a reading. How good is this unit out of the box using? (I assume their are stock HPEQ and PRIR's that can be used that might be close?). This would be for someone who basically just wants to hook it up and start using it.

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #8,586 of 15,951
You can pay at any time if you want to make a donation to Smyth Research, otherwise you don't have to pay anything if your unit is delivered later this year.

So if my unit is delivered say in August, both of the upgrades are already installed by default including eARC?

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #8,587 of 15,951
So if my unit is delivered say in August, both of the upgrades are already installed by default including eARC?
Yes, that's it. I'll quote the latest KickStarter update:
James Smyth said:
Effective immediately, all Realiser A16s will incorporate Momentum Data System’s 6th generation HSR41T HDMI repeater and the APM110 audio decoder sub-assemblies. All outstanding Kickstarter and Pre-sale A16s will also include this new hardware.

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #8,588 of 15,951
Hypothetical... lets say someone has no speakers at home and no place close to go to to get a reading. How good is this unit out of the box using? (I assume their are stock HPEQ and PRIR's that can be used that might be close?). This would be for someone who basically just wants to hook it up and start using it.
I guess the usability depends for each person, but I would say there's a huge difference to using your own measurements as compared to the ready made ones.
If I had no speakers for measuring with my own ears, I would just go to a nearby hifi store and get the best (powered)speakers they have (with built in room correction) for testing at home. Or at least get the best speakers that are available for home testing. More expensive speakers are very often tested at home for a few days, before buying.
It's easy enough to do the 9.0.6 measurements with just 2 speakers. And you can use the bass/subs from the BBC/Surrey rooms as they work fine for all ears (I would assume).

Apr 17, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #8,589 of 15,951
I guess the usability depends for each person, but I would say there's a huge difference to using your own measurements as compared to the ready made ones.
If I had no speakers for measuring with my own ears, I would just go to a nearby hifi store and get the best (powered)speakers they have (with built in room correction) for testing at home. Or at least get the best speakers that are available for home testing. More expensive speakers are very often tested at home for a few days, before buying.
It's easy enough to do the 9.0.6 measurements with just 2 speakers. And you can use the bass/subs from the BBC/Surrey rooms as they work fine for all ears (I would assume).

OK, so I think you are answering part of my question in that there are stock versions of other peoples HPEQ's that you could use and PRIR's from a few different studios

Apr 17, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #8,593 of 15,951
I am a Kickstarter supporter .. I received my A16 in February .. I requested a complete Update .. I already sent it to Smith they received it on their own and the package was collected by Mark Smith .. now they already have it in hand my A16 to upgrade

Apr 17, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #8,595 of 15,951
Sorry .... MIKE Smith ... :)

Thursday
16. April 2020
  • 10:41 Local time | Delivered - Signed for by: MIKE SMYTH
  • BANGOR

Thursday
16. April 2020
  • 09:10 Local time | With delivery courierBELFAST - UK
  • 07:00 Local time | Arrived at Delivery Facility in BELFAST - UKBELFAST - UK
  • Arrived at Sort Facility BELFAST - UKBELFAST - UK
  • 05:40 Local time | Departed Facility in BELFAST - UKBELFAST - UK
  • 05:39 Local time | Transferred through BELFAST - UKBELFAST - UK
  • 05:12 Local time | Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UKEAST MIDLANDS - UK

Wednesday
15. April 2020
  • 20:56 Local time | Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UKEAST MIDLANDS - UK
  • 20:07 Local time | Arrived at Sort Facility EAST MIDLANDS - UKEAST MIDLANDS - UK
  • 19:14 Local time | Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANYLEIPZIG - GERMANY
  • 10:55 Local time | Shipment on holdLEIPZIG - GERMANY
  • 04:24 Local time | Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANYLEIPZIG - GERMANY
  • 03:10 Local time | Arrived at Sort Facility LEIPZIG - GERMANYLEIPZIG - GERMANY
  • 00:14 Local time | Departed Facility in MILAN - MALPENSA - ITALYMILAN - MALPENSA - ITALY

Tuesday
14. April 2020
  • 20:48 Local time | Processed at MILAN - MALPENSA - ITALYMILAN - MALPENSA - ITALY
  • 20:17 Local time | Arrived at Sort Facility MILAN - MALPENSA - ITALYMILAN - MALPENSA - ITALY
  • 19:26 Local time | Departed Facility in MILAN - ITALYMILAN - ITALY
  • Processed at MILAN - ITALYMILAN - ITALY
  • 15:06 Local time | Shipment scheduled to be picked upMILAN - ITALY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back