Smyth Research Realiser A16
Jan 17, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #7,863 of 15,951
I was wondering, for those who already have the A16, is it possible to record the 2-Channel result of the SVS processing, to share a sample of how it sounds with an Atmos BRIR ?

Seconding this request.

This reminds me of an idea I had some time ago for a PC application that would play MP3/FLAC files on the PC (output via HDMI Audio ideally) and then record the SVS-processed audio through the USB host interface on the Realiser A16. Obviously this would need to happen at 1x speed, but the major benefit would be that it could automatically process batches of albums and split/name files appropriately.

Jan 17, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #7,864 of 15,951
I think he asked about @phoenixdogfan’s Kickstarter backer number.
Indeed, that's what Google Translate told me also, @phoenixdogfan didn't go through KickStarter if i'm not mistaken, he placed his order a few days ago directly to Smyth Research at retail price, and that's why he got delivered straight away.
So far, the latest who mentionned getting the address confirmation email was #149 8 days ago and received it 3 days ago.
Some in the 150s may have received it, but we have to wait till someone posts on this forum, the french one or on KS comments.

Jan 17, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #7,865 of 15,951
Seconding this request.

This reminds me of an idea I had some time ago for a PC application that would play MP3/FLAC files on the PC (output via HDMI Audio ideally) and then record the SVS-processed audio through the USB host interface on the Realiser A16. Obviously this would need to happen at 1x speed, but the major benefit would be that it could automatically process batches of albums and split/name files appropriately.

There is no need to do that. It is much faster to make a PRIR a convolution file and use a program like JRiver to apply the convolution and bake in the effect on a song by converting the song to another file with effects added. You can basically add the SVS processing to any file in seconds and have the resulting file (I do MP3) retain all the metadata of the original song file.

Jan 17, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #7,866 of 15,951
Indeed, that's what Google Translate told me also, @phoenixdogfan didn't go through KickStarter if i'm not mistaken, he placed his order a few days ago directly to Smyth Research at retail price, and that's why he got delivered straight away.
So far, the latest who mentionned getting the address confirmation email was #149 8 days ago and received it 3 days ago.
Some in the 150s may have received it, but we have to wait till someone posts on this forum, the french one or on KS comments.
That's right. I am a direct purchaser. I sent the bank wire on Monday for full retail price and received the unit Thursday afternoon.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #7,867 of 15,951
There is no need to do that. It is much faster to make a PRIR a convolution file and use a program like JRiver to apply the convolution and bake in the effect on a song by converting the song to another file with effects added. You can basically add the SVS processing to any file in seconds and have the resulting file (I do MP3) retain all the metadata of the original song file.
Thanks for this information. Do you happen to have a bit more details on how to do that, like a tutorial ?

Jan 17, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #7,872 of 15,951
I have no clue what you are saying of course, but if you are worried about the numbers: a serial number is NOT a backer number.
Yes, I want to ask your "backer number", because I am not among the early 330s. Looking at the current delivery progress, I am afraid I will not be able to use it in 2020. Thank you very much for your answer. Because it is translated by the translation software, there may be some places where the words do not reach the meaning. So sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back