Smyth Research Realiser A16
Sep 30, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #3,783 of 15,951
This thread is awesome for learning about every thing sound related ... except the realizer.
I would say knowledge about Realiser's inputs and outputs is very important part of the knowledge about the Realiser itself. In the last several posts you could find some useful and interesting things about Realiser's inputs, technical and artistic.
Speaking of Realiser's possible artistic inputs, I would recommend the blu ray edition Six Brandenburg Concertos by J.S. Bach, performed by Stuttgart Chamber Orchestra. It was recorded in so called 'Tacet Real Surround Sound' HD technique. From the level of the Realiser A16 it's 4.0 channels may look like very modest, but it sounds excellent, better than many 5.1 HD recordings. One more curiosity related to that blu ray - the price on Amazon.com was around 30 and on Amazon.de and Amazon.co.uk it was around 100!

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #3,785 of 15,951
The new post by Smyth Research on their home page:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smyth Research
5 hrs ·
Get the most out of your Realiser A16 - upload, share, purchase, download and personalise a range of high quality sound rooms.
Coming soon!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is coming soon? Web page or Realiser A16? Probably Realiser A16, because, what is the use of the web functionality if there is no Realiser A16?
But why then they mention web functionality alone?
And then, what does it mean 'soon' in Smyth language?
And what does it mean 'update' or 'new'?
Update for September 2018 (BBC video) looks the same as the ad videos from September 2016! Even Stephen's complacent grin is there, despite all his failures.
French dealer announces a lot of news from Ireland and after that he forgets the news and starts a series of A16 basics and Q&As! Again the 2016 stuff!

Maybe insted of Realiser A16 they produced a time machine for travelling back in time?!?

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #3,786 of 15,951
I would think it obvious that refers to the launch of a website for PIR's. Can you take the test of your angst elsewhere? I'm tired of reading about people stressing over this. The A16 will arrive when it is ready.

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #3,787 of 15,951
I would think it obvious that refers to the launch of a website for PIR's. Can you take the test of your angst elsewhere? I'm tired of reading about people stressing over this. The A16 will arrive when it is ready.
I am free to be angry and to write my opinions and you are free not to read my posts. When you see 'mlkri', just skip it.

Oct 3, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #3,792 of 15,951

To me this seems like good news. One of the "deliverables" I insisted the Smyths would have to provide is a website with high quality BRIRs to fulfill their promises with regard to this launch. Now if they start publishing a listing of studios and high end audio stores where Realizer owners can actually obtain PRIRs for affordable prices, a service to adjust their PRIRs to improve (if need be) their accuracy and listenability, and a service to "personalize" their webstore BRIRs, I will have to credit them with going fully down the road to insure A16 purchasers are truly getting their money's worth on the product.

Good start Smyths!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back