Smyth Research Realiser A16
Jan 6, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #7,816 of 15,951
to start with factory setting
to start with factory setting+ HDMI suspend
Yes this appears now shortly during startup with the new FW. Apparently no bug.

the problem i have in red in each preset and for each HDMI source in red "HDMI!". I make the upgrade process many time with the same result.

This is no bug either. Pleas refer to the update manual of FW 1.75.
HDMI in red either tells you that there is no HDMI signal at the moment and in the Preset menu that the Preset has to be reloaded (former "Reload" text).

Everything ok so far.

If a HDMI source is connected but not playing try to reload the Preset and/or change the input to another input and then back again. This seems to happen sometimes.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #7,817 of 15,951
Thank you very much for helping me.

Regarding messages at startup I took note.

For the prtoblem of the message "HDMI!" unfortunately the reload systematically gives the same error message whatever the input chosen and the source changes. Even if I click on the message with or without signal at the entry this message is displayed.

Everything works with 1.60 but now from 1.75 the problem appears. (This was not the case before switching to 1.81).
What is very curious is that the factory reset since 1.81, and whatever the firmware, including 1.6 no longer erases personal presets, nor listening room only user and personal HPEQ.
Thank you

Jan 7, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #7,818 of 15,951
After sending my previous message, I tried again to switch from 1.60 to 1.81 and then did a factory reset, and although the presets remained the problem seems to have disappeared. I will reinstall my presets to avoid mixing and keep you posted.

thanks again

Christian

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #7,820 of 15,951
Backer 142 here just received the shipping notification. I am not sure whether I still have use of it as I seldom listen to headphone now. Of course it is good to have it shipped to me finally after the long wait.

Anyone here can share what is the declared value for shipping? Is it the same as the backer amount or the retail price?? Thanks.

Jan 8, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #7,821 of 15,951
I just did my 2nd manLOUD for the Surrey room after the BBC room. I did those 2 manLOUDS with 2 different autoEQs that I made.

The question is :
I made copies of those 2 different autoEQ/flatEQs just in case. Can I use those 2 different autoEQ/flatEQs again for a new manLOUD of a 3rd room? Or is the existing manLOUD going to be overwritten?

Thank you

PS : the possible renaming of files with the 1.80 firmware upgrade is really a very good upgrade by itself alone !

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #7,824 of 15,951
Thanks guys for keeping us in the loop. The mail was in my spam box. I usually don't go look into that from fear of catching e-bola, so you really saved me.
Backer n°143 "I am not a number! I'm a free man!"

Jan 11, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #7,826 of 15,951
Mine comes Monday very exited!!! I was not part of the Kickstarter. Also a few bumps from UPS/customs held the package. They asked for a EIN number and then I needed to confirm this shipment did not include any wood in it. For the EIN number I told them I was not a business and they called me and took my social security number. They then sent a short form to confirm there was not any wood in this shipment. Filled it out and now I believe we are back on schedule. I’m in the US FYI just in case anyone else is considering purchasing one.

Jan 11, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #7,827 of 15,951
Mine comes Monday very exited!!! I was not part of the Kickstarter. Also a few bumps from UPS/customs held the package. They asked for a EIN number and then I needed to confirm this shipment did not include any wood in it. For the EIN number I told them I was not a business and they called me and took my social security number. They then sent a short form to confirm there was not any wood in this shipment. Filled it out and now I believe we are back on schedule. I’m in the US FYI just in case anyone else is considering purchasing one.

Wondering if they are doing this to all A16 shipments to US?

Jan 11, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #7,828 of 15,951

Wondering if they are doing this to all A16 shipments to US?

When my A16 was going through the UPS system in August, I had to deal with the same thing. It didn’t delay anything at all as they emailed me saying they needed additional info and to call them. I did so right away, gave them my social, and the A16 immediately cleared customs. I did get a bill for like $37 a few weeks after my unit was delivered for the fees that UPS covered for me for customs and duty.

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:15 PM Post #7,829 of 15,951
When my A16 was going through the UPS system in August, I had to deal with the same thing. It didn’t delay anything at all as they emailed me saying they needed additional info and to call them. I did so right away, gave them my social, and the A16 immediately cleared customs. I did get a bill for like $37 a few weeks after my unit was delivered for the fees that UPS covered for me for customs and duty.
Thanks. It looks like that they are charging 4% duty on A16.

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #7,830 of 15,951
Thanks. It looks like that they are charging 4% duty on A16.

Mine had a declared value of $3995 I think. Some portion of that $37 was a “UPS warehousing fee” (which is kind of funny since it probably sat in their warehouse for about an hour or two while I contacted to give them their required info to clear customs). I want to say the breakdown was like $27 in duty and $10 in that warehousing fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back