Smyth Research Realiser A16
Jun 1, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #2,896 of 15,985
This may not be of importance but Smyth Research Ltd are on the list of Licensed Dolby Manufactures

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/professional/licensing/licensed-dolby-manufacturers.aspx#S
(Dolby® Technology Licensees: This list should not be used to determine the license status of any company)

This may be that Smyth Research Ltd already have a licensing agreement to use dolby technology in their products, and Atmos may just be a extension to the agreement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taken from "Apply for a Dolby consumer or professional license"
Step 5
Submit your product or implementation containing Dolby technology for testing to ensure that it meets our quality standards. Upon approval, your company becomes an official Dolby Licensee. You will be added to the Dolby Licensee list so you can work with other Dolby Licensees to buy or sell implementations.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #2,899 of 15,985
Oh, with the thread dying the wait feels even longer.

I don’t think the thread's dying, I just think that the latest update made people content to let Smyth work on their own for a while.

Jun 10, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #2,901 of 15,985
I hope there will bébés an update by the end of the month with good news. If development went according to the latest update, software should nearly ready and the A16 close to be sent to certification tests...
Maybe your french dealer can give you some extra information?
He has always been helpful according to your past posts.

Jun 11, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #2,903 of 15,985
Yes, so far he regularly gave us some news when we were missing some from the official channel. I'll post new informations here as soon as he sends us an update.

Not to sound flippant, but how reliable has his news actually been? Aside from "I've got a prototype", I thought most of what he said was basically the same mumbling the Smyth team gave everyone else in their updates. "We hope that..." "We should see..." "If things go as planned..." etc.

At this point, I don't care at all about any updates other than a locked in release date. Even if it was six months away, it would still be better than the stringing along that's been done over the last year.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #2,904 of 15,985
Not to sound flippant, but how reliable has his news actually been? Aside from "I've got a prototype", I thought most of what he said was basically the same mumbling the Smyth team gave everyone else in their updates. "We hope that..." "We should see..." "If things go as planned..." etc.

At this point, I don't care at all about any updates other than a locked in release date. Even if it was six months away, it would still be better than the stringing along that's been done over the last year.

He is not an employee of Smyth Research. He is not involved in the development of A16 (aside from translating menus and documentation).
He was simply sharing information he was getting from Smyth Research. So, said information can only be as acurate as the source...

Jun 11, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #2,905 of 15,985
He is not an employee of Smyth Research. He is not involved in the development of A16 (aside from translating menus and documentation).
He was simply sharing information he was getting from Smyth Research. So, said information can only be as acurate as the source...

I realize all of that, and yet if he's just repeating incorrect, or simply "best guess/gut feeling" information he's given, then it's still not all that reliable. It's basically "news" for the sake of news, regardless of the actual content.

Jun 11, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #2,906 of 15,985
You may not care about any other update than a firm release date even if it comes in 6 months. I understand your point of view but i don't share it. I prefer to have news that are not fully satisfying me that to have no news at all for 6 months and wonder what the hell is going on over there.
Last update was exactly the kind that i was expecting. Pity though it took so long to get it.

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #2,907 of 15,985
I don't like to see or read when people argue. Is not easy for non of us to keep on waiting like we had all this time. Let's not forget what an impressive audio device the Realiser A16 is.
So instead of all being negative about everything that caused all the delays, let's stay positive and discuss what movies/gear you are planning to use it with.
I think that I will rewatch lots of movies once the A16 is delivered.

Jun 14, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #2,910 of 15,985
Vague.gif
7d6f7fc5-c503-47fe-89ae-11415bdb3b98.gif
backtotopic.gif~c200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back