1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Smyth Research Realiser A16

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by jgazal, May 7, 2016.
First

Back
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
Next

Last
  1. Alcophone
  2. AppleheadMay
    Yep, same here.

3. Richter Di
    You are not alone.

Alcophone likes this.
  4. musicday
    So you guys are not getting the refunds at all? If that's the case, then is a big Shame.
    Hopefully by the summer we will get the A16 and all be happy.

5. krismusic Contributor
    Isn't that what Kickstarter is, an investment platform? When you invest you accept that it is a risk that you lose your money if the project is not successful.

Alcophone likes this.
  6. AppleheadMay
    So that means it’s not a big shame? These guys wasted a few millions from investors and surely filled their personal pockets as well while doing so.

7. raband
    I don't think he was saying it's not a shame.

Just that the warnings and disclosure on the platform isn't hidden, and that refunds aren't an option once the money is sent.

It's the way far, far too many Kickstarter campaigns end up.

krismusic likes this.
  8. krismusic Contributor
    Iirc. The post from OSSIC in the link said that the guys behind the project had sunk Thier personal finances into the project. So not fair to say that they were filling the pockets.
    I was referring to the fact that Musicday thought that there would be refunds.

Alcophone likes this.
  9. Alcophone
    It is a big shame and they did spend millions, indeed. I think they were too ambitious and took on too much - with that much money, they should have been able to pull off shipping some finished product. They did get close, which shows that with better prioritization, they may have just made it.

I doubt they got rich in the process, though.

10. Sordel
    No, it's not an investment platform. Investment implies speculating to share in profits. Kickstarter is more like an unsecured preorder.

I realise that many of us (myself included) were backers for both projects but could the Ossic chatter go back to its own thread please. I'd rather that the Smyth not be coupled in people’s minds with the Ossic shysters at the moment (or at any point in the future!)

raband likes this.
  11. AppleheadMay
    Indeed, Great idea!

12. krismusic Contributor
    Absolutely. Where it has relevance to Smyth though is that I think it is helpful for us backers to remember the type of agreement we entered into when parting with our money. Having met the guys from Smyth I am one hundred percent certain of their sincerity in trying to bring an exciting project to market. No mean task for a small group of individuals. They deserve and need our continuing support.

NigelJ likes this.
  13. esimms86
    OSSIC was essentially depending on Kickstarter money to fund their project. Smyth started with Kickstarter money and they have since moved on to join into a financial arrangement with Heavenly Sound.

14. Richter Di
    Yes, and no. I also backed bth projects. As one project crashed I wonder if this might be possible with the other too?
    We do not know how much money Heavenly Sound is willing to invest into the A16 project until they pull the plug.

I also found this sentence in their update quite interesting:
    You would never have to mention this basic fact that you can not ask for more money from a person who allready bought from you. But if you were thinking maybe to do it or to do it in the future you would write something like this, since it is on your mind.

15. AppleheadMay
    No, I think they added that to avoid heaps of mails from people being scared they would have to pay double all the sudden.

krismusic likes this.
First

Back
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
Next

Last