Smyth Research Realiser A16
Dec 20, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #1,637 of 15,951
This method placed the center channel close behind my head, (not phantom center for me, a real center channel). It also collapsed the surround channels and added driver vibration to them.
The center and surround speakers are not supposed to be affected at all. Only the front left and right speakers are supposed to be affected, because you change the levels for those only. Even before you change the levels, all speakers should sound the same as before, and if they sound different in any way, the difference is being caused by something other than crosstalk reduction. Maybe both presets should be erased first to make sure they have all the same settings.
I think you need to record the PRIR that way for it to work.
It worked for me with a regular PRIR. Being able to use any PRIR is a benefit of this method.

Dec 20, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #1,638 of 15,951
Anything else I should know?
And of course use the same HPEQ for both users.
Indeed first try to make it sound the same as with the normal use of the PRIR (all speaker levels the same for both users, do a direct comparison like Erik described in the other thread).

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #1,641 of 15,951
Just checking to make sure this thread is still alive. Nothing for a week here.

Like many others (I would think) I'm subscribed to the thread and get email notices. If there's nothing to say, though, there's nothing to say.

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #1,643 of 15,951
So, this Smyth Realizer is still unrealized....? :ksc75smile:

Q1 2018, after tweaking the HDMI, at least that’s what’s on their Site.

Dec 29, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #1,648 of 15,951
No

TV accepts what it accepts and outputs what it outputs (and it's not mix and match)

Some things work, some don't.

Some "sort of" do.

"Depends" is probably an honest answer :wink:

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #1,650 of 15,951
I think you'll also need an adaptor (balanced on the A16 uses both headphone jacks for left/right rather than the 4 pin XLR plug)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back