1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

smsl su-8 dac?

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by Th3Drizzl3, Jun 22, 2018.
Tags:
First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last
  1. purk Contributor
    This going to sound stupid but I can't seem to get my dang remote to work. Anyone has the same problem?

2. bluesaint
    Press the "C" button first then it'll work.

trellus and SSandDigital like this.
  3. purk Contributor
    Thanks!

4. john57
    That is a bit of a oddly that the smsl su-8 needs to be electronically unlock one time in order to use other functions. Even when I power down my unit for a few days it will power up with unlock shown on the display.

5. corgifall
    Strange. I’ve yet to see that on mine.

6. purk Contributor
    Well, press "C" for DAC and "B" for the companion amplifier to get the remote to work. Wonder what "A" is for.

7. richpjr
    The DA-8 power amp.

8. kumar402
    I am waiting for my SU-8. Joined the last drop in Massdrop.
    I am planning to pair it with Monoprice Liquid Platinum.
    Currently I am pairing LP with Mojo but I wanted something with remote to control the volume.

9. SSandDigital
    I cancelled the MassDrop, got the NY deal, and it is arriving today. Looking forward to it. Will be for my speaker system.

10. ColinMacLaren
    Hi, sorry for the newbie question.

I am in the market for a DAC that has to output in order to connect both my Little Dot MKII and a simple DOUK Audio speaker amplifier for my passive bookshelf speakers. Both amps have unbalanced rca inputs.

Is it possible to connect the balanced output of the SU-8 to the unbalanced input of the speaker amplifier?

11. Holypal
    You can. All you need is a pair of XLR to RCA adaptors.

12. eeagle
    @ColinMacLaren or just an RCA splitter on any SE (RCA) DAC output. Many amps now have a "Pass Through" source input allowing one to string many amps from one source (DAC,CD,Phono amp etc)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  13. lentoviolento
    is it possible to use it as fixed output??

14. eeagle
    I leave my SU-8 set @max output and adjust volume at amp or via sw player, so yes.
    Many find the remote volume control convenient, so the SU-8 is quite versatile in that regard.

15. formyears
    just ordered one strictly for the balanced outputs and the pair of ess chips. expect at end of the month

cobrabucket likes this.
First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Next

Last