SMSL SP200 THX AAA 888 Balanced AMP!
Jul 25, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #781 of 1,170
Thank you for the video link, I'll go and watch it first.

The closest source for M200 I can find is via Lazada, sent from chinese. It's twice the price of topping E30 price, tho.

Jul 25, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #783 of 1,170
Yes my computer volume is at 100%, my DX7 Pro is at Max volume (which is 0 DB). My headphones is the Hifiman Arya, if you know what I'm talking about.
If I just use my DX7 Pro only, there is no humming noise. The humming noise only occured when a game is running which means my video card is running at max clock speed instead of the idle clock speed. Hence my PC is using a lot of power during the game is running. I talked to some other ppl in another thread and they said it's a ground loop problem.

The only thing I could think of could be the issue is I'm using RCA cables to connect my DX7 Pro to my SP200. I already ordered some XLR cables but they won't be here until monday. Now remember this humming noise is only when a game is running, if I don't run any game and just listen to music on my PC, there's no humming noise whatsoever.

From your description, it sounds like the problem stems from the video card. Video cards are also designed to process audio. And while I am sure you have USB audio selected because you use a DAC, that does not mean you won't necessarily get interference from the video card. What video card is it exactly?

You also mentioned that the video card is taxing your computer during games, as in drawing a lot of current. I'd be curious to know exactly how much current your PC is pulling. Do you believe you have a large enough capacity power supply to handle the load in the computer? Do you have a quality video card and motherboard in your computer?

Sometimes cheap motherboards and video cards can cause more problems then their worth. But if I had to guess, I'd say that you probably have a power supply that is being taxed by the video cards draw, and its pushing the PSU to the limit, which is not good, cause that will cause premature failure of the PSU. Hopefully you can get this figured out.

Jul 25, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #784 of 1,170
From your description, it sounds like the problem stems from the video card. Video cards are also designed to process audio. And while I am sure you have USB audio selected because you use a DAC, that does not mean you won't necessarily get interference from the video card. What video card is it exactly?

You also mentioned that the video card is taxing your computer during games, as in drawing a lot of current. I'd be curious to know exactly how much current your PC is pulling. Do you believe you have a large enough capacity power supply to handle the load in the computer? Do you have a quality video card and motherboard in your computer?

Sometimes cheap motherboards and video cards can cause more problems then their worth. But if I had to guess, I'd say that you probably have a power supply that is being taxed by the video cards draw, and its pushing the PSU to the limit, which is not good, cause that will cause premature failure of the PSU. Hopefully you can get this figured out.

Yes, I have a Corsair AX1600i (1600w) PSU and my video card is RTX 2080 Ti.

Jul 26, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #785 of 1,170
I ordered Topping E30 for USD 150 (include taxes and shipping fee) since I can't find SMSL M200 less than USD 250 (and that's before taxes too).
I'll give impression how it work with SP200.

I'm loving my sp200, everything sounded great! The treble is airy but not glaring, it felt like my HD600 is opened. And the vocals are simply addicting, so sweet... yet detailed.
And this is with good old Fiio E10 (the first edition).
I guess this is end game amp for me, at least until it broke, and I hope I can get 5+ years life time from it like my Fiio E10 XD

Thank you guys for all your inputs. This is really great amp, and its only cost me around USD 250 too.

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #786 of 1,170
Another satisfied SP200 owner. It really is the best amp in the 300 dollar price range. Of course I've noticed the price went down conveniently after I bought it, and has been hovering around the 250 to 270 level.

S.M.S.L....S.M.S.L...It really whips that lama's ash. Baaaaaa
b2186fe11ca6b7411322b36739a7bf1c.jpg

Who is old enough to know what I am parodying up there?

HINT: You got to be older then a millennial to know the answer.

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #788 of 1,170
M200 showed up today! Should be interesting. I love the bluetooth and volume control on it.

I'm glad you are enjoying your new DAC already, glad that it has good bluetooth and volume control. What mode are you running it in, PCM or DSD?

Oh my gosh, I can't wait to see! :ksc75smile:

Jul 27, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #791 of 1,170
Now thats what I am talking about, show off that M200 sexy blue display. It is obviously the unit that is stealing the thunder, as its very clearly king of the hill, on that mountain hehe. Glad you are enjoying it as well. Love the picture! :L3000:

Jul 27, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #795 of 1,170
Ok I got my custom XLR cables today to connect from my DX7 Pro to SP200, and the noise during gaming is gone. So I'm thinking about getting the A90 and return this SP200, cause i heard the A90 sounds better and has Balanced output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back