Smoking weed actually makes your headphones sound 100 times better
Nov 4, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #16 of 37

FastAndClean

Previously known as presata
Something I've realized is that people in the audio hobby (and other sense related hobbies) likely already has heightened senses. Probably don't need any more heightened senses, or skewed form of sensitivity. Also, they love cats for some reason. :beyersmile:
cats have a strange mix of cuteness, intelligence and craziness, its eazy to love them

Nov 4, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #17 of 37

bagwell359

Headphoneus Supremus
Something I've realized is that people in the audio hobby (and other sense related hobbies) likely already has heightened senses. Probably don't need any more heightened senses, or skewed form of sensitivity. Also, they love cats for some reason. :beyersmile:

I get high on audio, no stinking ganja for me - buds with purple hair, maybe....

Vote for dogs here, preferably over 30 lbs.

Nov 4, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #18 of 37

Beagle

His body's not a canvas, and he wasn't raised by apes.
Interesting now that Cannabis is legal I tried it first time in my life and goodness gracious me, my Jubile HD 58X sennheiser is in another world, I can hear things I NEVER heard before or noticed, the sound is further and more expansive but like in a different dimension. LOL why was this thing demonized in the first place? This is an audiophile's dream.
Side effect...it makes our PM seem even dumber than he already is...

Nov 7, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #20 of 37

koover

Headphoneus Supremus
What an interesting and halarious thread. Just starting it up cracks me up.
As for “smoking the pot” as my mother used to say (god rest her soul) all it did for me back in the day was stop whatever I was going and look for Cheetos, pop tarts, ding dongs, whatever and forget what the he// I was doing 3 minutes ago.
Don’t need weed to enjoy the sounds. Music and a great set of headphones already gives me the ultimate high.

Nov 7, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #22 of 37

Beagle

His body's not a canvas, and he wasn't raised by apes.
Only if you breathe through their diaphragms..

Nov 12, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #24 of 37

Denon2010

Formerly known as Denon5220
Yeah so I continued this trend, listening to music with the euphoric effects of weed that also enhances your senses is really quite something. It is like going from $4 earbuds to $20,000 Sennheiser headphones.

By itself no headphones in the world could give such an experience without the effect of cannabis. It as though it transports you to another universe where everything is enhanced and get this the more weed you smoke the more enhanced the music becomes.

It disconnects you from reality and puts you into the music like inside the music. You know how they say VR puts you inside the video game? weed does the same to music the only way to experience this is to smoke weed, but right now not all states in the US has it legal but if you live in Canada man you are golden.

I smoked Strawberry Kush weed yes it smells and tastes like strawberry but more like a strawberry milk shake. It is very strong, your brain feels like it is having an orgasm literally like it is having sex and having an orgasm.

In my experience reggae music goes really great with weed for some reason.

I notice that I keep coming back to this particular song when I smoke weed.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #26 of 37

JamesCanada

100+ Head-Fier
What surprises me the most about this thread is the fact that you only tried it now that it is legal!
I am also Canadian, I'm not a smoker and have no intent weather it be legal or not. But that's just me... !

Nov 13, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #27 of 37

loopfreak

1000+ Head-Fier
What surprises me the most about this thread is the fact that you only tried it now that it is legal!
I am also Canadian, I'm not a smoker and have no intent weather it be legal or not. But that's just me... !

I highly doubt that's the case, but what is interesting to me is that the new law actually made this thread legal.

Nov 13, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #28 of 37

loopfreak

1000+ Head-Fier
And let's not forget the famous burn in !
bobmarley191114.jpg

Nov 29, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #30 of 37

mindblownDt48

New Head-Fier
ujerizatnje uječkezapinje ujerinezamatenje
Fist 3 years of smoking 3 joints a week made music 10x better, but after that i begun to hate music because of how little it offers and how generic it is... music SUCKS, sound is what is fascinating... thats why i use dt48 lol But seriously, weed opens your mind and makes you question everything, its great and fun, sadly, for my perception of things, music is just noise, made as a product on a market, it has nothing to do with art. You are limited to bpm, notes and if you are making experimental "nature sounds" music, id rather listen to it in real time, rather than buying your product that is worse than reality, check thread "audiophile, not a music lover", maybe leave some opinions, but be aware, its a touchy subject and theres always gonna be some old egoistic looser telling you "you didnt heard enough of music yet"

Users who are viewing this thread