Smashing pumpkins : Siamese dream !!! WOWOWOWOW
May 26, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by robert1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Post title says it all!

Yep!

But ummm.... welcome to 1993?

Assuming you never heard it before, glad to hear you discovered it.
Great CD.

smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 30
I was 5 years old... My dad gave me Bach and Beethoven . But yeah, I discovered it a couple of weeks ago and have been really diggin it since!

May 26, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #5 of 30
Thanks,

I'll give that a try to... I've been discovering these great 80/90 s band lately.... Sonic youth, Pavement, Sebadoh, Slint, Built to spill..... It's a bit dark and depressing at times but very good.

May 26, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome thick guitar sound on that album.
You might also like their "Mellon Collie and Infinite Sadness" double album from 1995

I loved both CD's until they were stolen from me, along with my entire binder of CD's.
frown.gif

May 26, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #9 of 30
This video made quite an impression in me, in the heyday of my teenage angst...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQtLo...elated&search=
Especially the part where he sings "I send this smile over to you", and the video shows how what looks like a couple of raindrops, or perhaps a pair of metaphorical teardrops fall into an open hand.

It's good to have at least one period of time in your life to capture/imagine nuances like this one and be moved by them. Had Kurt Cobain lived a little longer, he'd probably seen his teenage angst mutating into middle-aged indifference and cynicism...? Not?

May 26, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #10 of 30
You were 5! Wow, makes me feel old...saw them in '94 after hearing Siamese Dream the year before. Life was never the same again.
One of the top ten records of all time...in any genre!
cool.gif

May 27, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #12 of 30
Ah yes Smashing Pumpkins.........I lived in near north Chicago during thier early days and saw them many times at Metro across from Wrigley Field.

Siamese Dream is an indie masterwork musically, some don't care for Corrigan's whiny vocal style.....but that gives them some distinction I guess and you get used to it.

May 27, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #13 of 30
They've been playing their new song on XM radio.. I've heard it a few times, the first time I heard it I thought it was an unreleased or b-side from GISH. It sounds just like it could be off GISH. The drum sound is identical.

-jar

May 27, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #14 of 30
I think the Silversun Pick-ups sound just like Smashing Pumkins during Siamese Twins period with different vocal sound of course.......definitely check out thier new album!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back