Smashing Pumpkins, its official
Apr 21, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 17
Two words: HELL YES
icon10.gif

Don't let us down Billy! Speaking of him, is he dating Courtney Love again? http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3...00/love2.7.jpg

Anyone know if James & D'Arcy are in? Sure, Billy & Jimmy could make a great album, but it wouldn't be the Pumpkins without James & D'Arcy...

Apr 21, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #5 of 17
oh thats so disappointing if hes back with her. shes the most classless woman in the world.

Apr 21, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757
oh thats so disappointing if hes back with her. shes the most classless woman in the world.

I really doubt he is.

It would be a shame.

Apr 21, 2006 at 1:55 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757

Someone needs to take a hose and hose her down. She's just ridiculous and needs to snap out of whatever trance that she's put herself into with all the drugs...

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #9 of 17
I sure hope they hold back on the wall of sound sound they had on their last album, I didn't dig it. I thought billy quit the music scene because of a moral standpoint on something, my memory fails me. If that's correct isn't this move an indication that he's sold out? My guess is either he ran out of money or he's having rock star status withdrawl.

May 5, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by eduj
Their last album sounded horrible-crap mastering
mad.gif
.And Zwan was even worst
rolleyes.gif

You mean Machina II as their last album? That had good reason for sounding like crap. The only available copies of it were rips from a vinyl to mp3.

The Zwan album was recorded to 'sound like it was an LP'. I like the music enough but the recording was indeed poorly executed.

May 5, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #12 of 17
Well i meant last CD.Machina II sure couldn t sound good.But their last as CD MACHINA/The Machines of God is so compressed that it gives me a headache everytime i listen to it
frown.gif
.Shame 'cuz it has some really good songs.I hope the new stuff will be more listenable.

Jul 20, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #13 of 17
I'm bringing this back from the dead, since the Pumpkins are quite possibly the greatest rock band. Their amazing soundscape songs such as "Porcelina", "Ruby", "Soma", etc. are what really make them an amazing band.

Has anyone heard that Eric Avery, bassist for Alice in Chains, has been practicing with TSP? Crazy stuff...

Jul 20, 2006 at 12:17 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Two words: HELL YES
icon10.gif

Don't let us down Billy! Speaking of him, is he dating Courtney Love again? http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3...00/love2.7.jpg

Anyone know if James & D'Arcy are in? Sure, Billy & Jimmy could make a great album, but it wouldn't be the Pumpkins without James & D'Arcy...

Probably not.
The bassist will probably be Melissa again, since she's already manifested will to do it, and I've read recently that nobody knows where D'Arcy is.
As for James, after some of the things Billy said about him sometime after they split, I doubt they'll ever work again.

I'm honestly very reluctant about this comeback. I think Billy just decided to do this because he never got the sucess, with Zwan or with his own career, that he had with the Pumpkins.
And I'm honestly thinking that the new album will be very disappointing.
I hope not, 'cause I'd hate to see the Pumpkins name dragged on the mud, but I really think that somethings should stay buried.
Let's wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back