Smallest DAP with Audiobook Support?
Jan 2, 2020 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ColdsnapBry

500+ Head-Fier
My Shanling M0 sadly went for a wash while in a jean pocket a bit ago. I wanted to replace it as I use it a lot, but was thinking maybe I could pick up a DAP with audiobook support. I did use the Shanling M0 a lot in the gym tucked into my back pocket since it was so small. Is there a small DAP with audiobook support? Maybe if I have to give up the form factor I could get a bluetooth receiver or something and leave the DAP in my gym bag..

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #2 of 7
Native you are probably still looking at the ipod range which would be the nano. Downsides to that is that means dealing with itunes and having a limited size for librarys. Plus side is bombproof construction and UI with little to no bug issues. Also need your own library as no wifi means no streaming.

Android wise probably something like the fiio m6 (newest firmware update allows installation of any app from the likes of apkpure etcetc, my rec would be smartaudiobook for own stuff, but could also add audible and so in in theory), or the new sony a105 range but obviously a tad more expensive than the fiio or shanling!

Sadly it seems audiobook/podcast listening has limited support these days.

Jan 3, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 7
Native you are probably still looking at the ipod range which would be the nano. Downsides to that is that means dealing with itunes and having a limited size for librarys. Plus side is bombproof construction and UI with little to no bug issues. Also need your own library as no wifi means no streaming.

Android wise probably something like the fiio m6 (newest firmware update allows installation of any app from the likes of apkpure etcetc, my rec would be smartaudiobook for own stuff, but could also add audible and so in in theory), or the new sony a105 range but obviously a tad more expensive than the fiio or shanling!

Sadly it seems audiobook/podcast listening has limited support these days.

Whoa is that a USB type C on the Sony? I thought they only used a proprietary charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back