Smallest DAP w flac support
Sep 13, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #2 of 35
Maybe the Cowon iAudio 7? It's pretty small with good battery life..
wink_face.gif

Sep 14, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #3 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by insyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aside from a rockboxed ipod nano 1st gen, are there any other flash based DAPs with flac support that are small enough?

Do you care at all for gapless? I noticed you're currently using a Video. If you do there might'nt be any other choice besides that Nano.

Sep 14, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #5 of 35
The upcoming flash version of the TrekStor vibez plays FLAC & gapless natively, but it is noticably larger than both the Nano and the iAudio 7.

Sep 14, 2008 at 11:19 AM Post #7 of 35
I have to ask why you're looking for this. A tiny player 1) will have limited storage capacity, not so good a match for FLAC; 2) may make SQ compromises due to limited battery power and no space for amplification components. But, a Rockboxed Sandisk C240/C250 is almost as small as a 1gen Nano, has a micro-SDHC slot for infinite expandability, and has a swappable battery.

Sep 14, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #9 of 35
I think affinity wins, I can't think of any smaller flac dap then iaudio 7. 16 gig model is pretty cheap on amazon also. Also has strong out-put and great battery life, I always wanted to get one but heard the controls are hard to get used to.

Sep 15, 2008 at 9:40 AM Post #11 of 35
The D2 is one of the best small players out there, certainly preferable to the Sansa C2xx except just possibly in this situation where the OP asked for the smallest possible player. The C2xx is not as nice as the D2 but it is about half the size. I'm not sure how that compares with an Iaudio 7.

Sep 16, 2008 at 10:56 AM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to ask why you're looking for this. A tiny player 1) will have limited storage capacity, not so good a match for FLAC; 2) may make SQ compromises due to limited battery power and no space for amplification components. But, a Rockboxed Sandisk C240/C250 is almost as small as a 1gen Nano, has a micro-SDHC slot for infinite expandability, and has a swappable battery.

Was just thinking of a flac capable ultra-portable setup. And for amplification, there is always the fiio
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #15 of 35
Fwiw I'm just about to give up the idea of using flac on a portable. As nice as the idea sounds the battery hit is just too great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back